Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put either 20's or 22's on my 06 GT but don't know which idea is better i was going to put 20's and lower it. do 22's fit without any mods and also would it still need lowering?

What would you guys go for?

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i would never go any bigger than 20's

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
22's would look stupid on a mustang IMO. 20's look good on our cars though

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of either look other than the right wheel on the right style of car. If however, you are, I wouldn't go larger than 20's. Don't forget the larger the wheel, the less the performance, unless you buy a hardcore lightweight 20 or 22.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
everyone has pretty much answered your question. I think the majority here are not fans of the big wheel "donk" look. I've personally only seen one on the street, but here's a couple shots of one for you, I've got more, just can't find them right now:

This is about as low as you will get on a 22 and drive fairly safely car aboce is basically show only trailer queen:

For A GOOD LAUGH:

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a company that makes a "pro touring" version of the s197 that has 22" on the rear and 20" on the front believe it or not it looks awesome. I personally would not go larger than 18" for performance sake but if you want 22" go for it.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
everyone has pretty much answered your question. I think the majority here are not fans of the big wheel "donk" look. I've personally only seen one on the street, but here's a couple shots of one for you, I've got more, just can't find them right now:

For A GOOD LAUGH:

Gah. My eyes. They burn! Buurrrnss!

lol

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Quick shoot that Fugly thing, or chase it back to the hood!
As a cop I pulled it over told the driver to step away from thing and shot 15/20 times and then arrested the driver for (high) crimes against a Mustang!

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
if your 77 caprice(gold metal flake) has 24" then get 22" for you Stang... then you c an add the hydrolics.... j/k 20"s are about as big as you want to go... the tire gets real thin at 22"

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you are going to just cruise around, look pretty and not worry about 1/4 mile times go with the 20's but nothing bigger. If you are looking for performance as well, you better stick with 18's. When I put my stock 18's back on, it feels like I've added 20 horsepower.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm just the opposite. I want the smallest rim and tallest tire to get the most sidewall for flex.

·
Registered
194 Posts
22's? sheeyaaat...ain't no thang....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts