Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i have a set of rims 20x8.5, my question is i have two= 245-40-20 size tires and four 255-35-20 what can i do here? use the 245-40-in the front and the 255-35 in the back or just install the all 255-35. what you guys think?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
*sell all, and buy 17x9-10 or 18x9-10

·
Registered
356 Posts
wow big rims for a mustang... I would say the tires are really up to you, it wount make a hude difference from the 245's to the 255's because I think they both fit without rubbing, and whatever set you can always just replace your next set with the ones you have left over. It will probably be easier to handle with the 245's on the front though

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea thas what i was thinking to put the 245-40 on front and the 255-35 on the back but i don't know its going to look funny since its going to be a littler taller on front

·
Registered
356 Posts
yea thas what i was thinking to put the 245-40 on front and the 255-35 on the back but i don't know its going to look funny since its going to be a littler taller on front
like everyone else said the rims look a little big on mustangs, but if you dont plan on selling them just do the 245's on the front and the 255's on the back. The small profile difference is not much so people really wont even know I have the same difference on my 17" rims and you cant even tell so dont worry about it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, that what i will do then, the reason i whan to put them in the car its because i want to sell them they are to heavy for the car but this way plpls can see them. im looking for some nice mustang rims.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
yeppers...do your best to get rid of the 20's...for they look like poo on anything not '05+

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
thanks, that what i will do then, the reason i whan to put them in the car its because i want to sell them they are to heavy for the car but this way plpls can see them. im looking for some nice mustang rims.
you're buying tires for wheels that you're planning to sell?

....why? that makes no sense... just sell the wheels as is... (and to be honest, 20" wheels would look better OFF of a mustang anyway, lol)

·
Registered
356 Posts
you're buying tires for wheels that you're planning to sell?

....why? that makes no sense... just sell the wheels as is... (and to be honest, 20" wheels would look better OFF of a mustang anyway, lol)
I dont think he is buying any tires, it seems like he already has a total of six tires, but was just wondering which ones to put on

·
Banned
636 Posts
Man thats gonna be a sweet looking clown car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
since thats ur style, it just depends what kind of setup you want. staggered or straight setup. doesnt really matter too much to be honest. but if it were my opinion i'd say 18s

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
lol can no one read?
he's wanting to sell the 20's to get some mustang wheels... which I'm guessing would be smaller...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts