Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just got my first mustang and it has alot of miles what parts are goin to start goin out i was a jeep guy i know nothing bout mustangs

what should i do just got a 95 ford mustang and it has 213k i all ready love this car what should i do to the motor rebuild now or wat till it starts ****n up

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Just start out doing preventative maintenance. Plugs wires filters fluids etc. At that mileage expect stuff to fail. Sounds like you already have. Go ahead and save up for a repair bill. Who knows yours might be bullet proof.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
You answered your own question. Also please do not start three threads. Welcome to MM
If you do not have the resources then you obviously cannot touch the motor. Therefore save up and just drive it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
id start looking for a parts car thats been in a wreck or somethin, cuz u never know what could go out first. with that mileage could be anything from your alternator to your power window motors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well idk if i rebuild the v6 will it be good enough to start maken it fast or old motor no good i know motors and cars just kinda new to performance like motor upgrades and what my can handle i work on 350s all day

·
Registered
928 Posts
thought you said jeep guy not chevys

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Your posts hurt my eyes. If you are a mechanic then you would be asking these. I can understand asking what are the weak links but not sure what else you are asking.

·
Registered
928 Posts
you work on dragsters but dont know about engine upgrades?what is going on right now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not a mechanic just a kid that works at a go cart place and they have dragsters with 350s in them and i fix them and all i know is 350s just now started to get into cars i rebuilt my jeeps motor with a buddy 318 jeep grand cherokke 6in lift loved it till i found this mustang i want to know if my v6 is a good idea to rebuild or wait alot longer and get the gt and swap out

·
Registered
928 Posts
be realistic just use it and fix little things here and there save up money and if something major goes sell it not sure how much you paid but it shouldnt have been more than 1500 and thats being generous so a major repair could run you that in labor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
didnt pay anything straight trade body and interior in great shape good paint and the tranny is new just old motor but runs good the mileage is freakin me out this is my question what is the max hp you can get outta a 3.8l from my year

·
Registered
928 Posts
somewhere around 4000..but honestly no need to try and work a motor with over 200k itl kill it faster and then cost you better off swapping in a newer split port motor can find one I bet under 500

·
Registered
928 Posts
junkyard ebay craigslist maybe your neighbors car look around maybe even on a forum

1 - 20 of 28 Posts