Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any mods required to fit 22 inch wheels to a 2001 cobra? Have noticed a few with 22s just after any info.

cheers

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Are any mods required to fit 22 inch wheels to a 2001 cobra? Have noticed a few with 22s just after any info.

cheers
i ask this with all due respect...where are you seeing any mustang with 22's on it? besides the laugh at ricer websites?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and recommend not going any bigger than 20s if you like the big rims. I think 22s would require a lift which is not the direction you want to go with this type of car. But if you really dig it there are the parts to be had. Honestly though it's not a great look. Something like this:(for a mustang though)

http://universalcarlifts.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_42&products_id=42

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and recommend not going any bigger than 20s if you like the big rims. I think 22s would require a lift which is not the direction you want to go with this type of car. But if you really dig it there are the parts to be had. Honestly though it's not a great look. Something like this:(for a mustang though)

http://universalcarlifts.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_42&products_id=42
yea i agree n y would you do that with a cobra? if you looking for that look at least get a v6 stang

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
that's gonna look stupid. have fun getting flamed on every board you join and at every car meet you go to, you're gonna be that guy (or girl). get a tahoe.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Part of me wants to just delete this out of my section... lol.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Usually I tell people to do what makes them happy, its your car and who are we to tell you how to mod it or what to buy for it. But in this case, dont donk it out, if you want 22's, please get another car to put it on.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
i kind of want to respectfully smack the **** out of you.....respectfully....:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW...

Lots of passionate replies...
But After all we are only talking about an "OLD FORD"
There were not many cobras imported into Australia so local options are limited. Only looking at Bigger wheels tastefully applied only to fill out the empty guard space and look more proportionate to the body.
20s are a standard option over here. Was just curious about 22s as looking at all options for a tasteful and modern look.

Thanks for the interesting and helpful responses.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
to a lot of us, even 20s shouldn't go on a new edge, only to s197...I guess its different where your at, but in the states there is nothing tasteful about 22s on a mustang (to people on the forum at least)

don't let that stop you though....

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
There were not many cobras imported into Australia so local options are limited. Only looking at Bigger wheels tastefully applied only to fill out the empty guard space and look more proportionate to the body.
20s are a standard option over here. Was just curious about 22s as looking at all options for a tasteful and modern look.

So you're in Australia huh cool. I would say that most people wouldnt go any bigger than 18's on a new edge so that's why we responded as we did. So do you have any pics of the Cobra?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
so like, what kind of "Old Ford" are we talking about, because if its a mustang, just......no. :no

hell, even on s197's 20 is the biggest thing that looks good, bigger than that and its all....donky :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
3,342 Posts

Please.....Just don't do it...if you wanna fill the gap lower the car.
to a lot of us, even 20s shouldn't go on a new edge, only to s197...I guess its different where your at, but in the states there is nothing tasteful about 22s on a mustang (to people on the forum at least)

don't let that stop you though....
+998173465873264985726389475629834756

1 - 20 of 21 Posts