Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about upgrading to 24lb injectors and was wondering would it actually bennefit me or hurt me in the long run? The mods i have already are mac long tubes,bassani x, magnaflow catback, accufab intake and 75mm throttle body, and c&l mass air. Also would it hurt my mpg or help that also?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no need for larger injectors for what you have, the stock 19lb injectors will hold up to 330rwhp. 24 will go up to around 375rwhp before maxing out. wont gain or hurt anything going to larger injectors, just will need to tune for them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason why im asking is because i really want to get rid of that C&L intake because i think that has alot to do with my car running like s#$% because it actually tricks the computer to run the car leaner. And also i have 2 bad injectors and a friend of mine has a 03 mach 1 that he just upgraded his fuel system to a supercharger so he is gonna give me his maf and injectors. Would that work on my 2001 GT?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
SWEET >

Fix your sig man!! Spelling error and back to back word usage! If your gonna talk shyt about imports, atleast do it right!!!! :D

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
No need for them man, it would just be wasting money. Especially if you plan on adding boost

·
Registered
110 Posts
Free is always the right price. But It would be a waste of money to tune your car with 24lb injectors if you plan on supercharging in future. They will not give you anymore power or mpg's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand that part becuase i will be putting a charger on later down the road when the bottom end needs a refresh. But im getting ready to go back to Iraq and need to get it running so that i can drive it to the storage place while im gone. My buddy is gonna give me them for FREE. Now will i also need a retune or should it be ok because the maf will be calibrated for 24lb injectors or is the computer that will also need a retune? Thanks again guys for all your input it really helps me out alot.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
If you just need the car to run, so you can drive it to a storage facility.. then yes. The car will run with the 24s and MAF. It wont be optimal, but ofcourse that doesnt matter seeings as you dont need it to be right now. The 24s will be fine, you dont need to re-tune the ECU to get it to work.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
SWEET >

Fix your sig man!! Spelling error and back to back word usage! If your gonna talk shyt about imports, atleast do it right!!!! :D
didnt know this forum had grammar police. i could care less, i will talk all the **** i want about imports till a comparable one comes on down here and kicks my ass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts