Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple hundred bucks to blow on the car coming up pretty soon here.

Stuff that is already 100% decided is the Porter Cable 7424XP D/A Polisher as well as the Meguiars D/A Correction kit (just ordered that one the other day). I'm getting a new vac and blower as well.

Now comes the rest of the car. After that stuff I'll have about $250 to spend.

Here's some stuff I'm thinking about so help me decide:

Mach 1 Grill Delete ($89 on AM right now for the 3 piece!)
1" Spacers
New Brake Pads
Cut 1 coil off springs all the way around (doesn't cost anything, just something I'm thinking of doing since I'm hardcore 4x4 right now).
and I'm considering getting this OEM Hood Insulation since mine looks like a Rat's nest and I enjoy going to car shows.
Ford Mustang OEM Hood Insulation Liner (99-04 GT/V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Anything else y'all can think of that would be good to pick up for that little money?

·
Registered
128 Posts
So I take it you dont want to just spend the money on performance parts?

well if your car doesnt already have some I suggest an HID kit

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. In the next year or so I'm planning some stuff performance wise. Heads and Cams are 100% in the works eventually. However, right now I'm not too worried about it.

HID's is not something I thought about. Thank you! The stock headlights suuuuuck. hahaha

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already got em.

I guess I should list my present mods eh?

AmericanMuscle Cold Air Intake
Catback Off-Road X Pipe paired with Magnaflow Exhaust
Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors
Tokico Shocks and Struts
Mach 1 Chin spoiler
Black Vinyl Letter Inserts for Bumper
Gloss Black Vinyl Decklid (license plate decklid area only)
Bullitt Pedals

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Lift the XJ!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Thought about tinting your tails?

You should also look for a nice pair of used CC plates.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lift the XJ!!
I'll be honest, I'm probably gonna sell it in May. I'm thinking of selling it for a Grand Cherokee or an old Wrangler. I've only got $1,100 into it all together, and I had it on Craigslist as a test run at $3,499 and I was getting hits, so that's what I'm strongly leaning towards with the Jeep.

Thought about tinting your tails?

You should also look for a nice pair of used CC plates.
I have, but I've realized I like the stock look better on Mineral Gray.

and CC plates it's a bad idea either! I may look into that.

Get a programmer and a good tune
I want an SCT sooo flippin bad, but they're $380...that one is probably going to have to wait. Unless you guys think it's better to spend the money on that instead of multiple small mods.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Sounds stupid to me but its yours so have fun.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds stupid to me but its yours so have fun.
She has a cracked head gasket and a burnt valve. It's going to cost me about $1,500 to tear into the motor and get it all fixed. At that point I'm better off either buying a new engine or a new Jeep.

I'm most likely going to list her on craigslist next week for $999.

Honestly, she was so poorly mistreated that it just won't ever be right again. I don't have the time or money to fix everything that needs to be done. I'll sell it to some XJ nut who plans to tear it apart and rebuild it anyways.

I've got my eye on a 1999 Cherokee actually that is stunningly clean and unmolested with only 132k on it for $4,400. I'm heading out to see it Saturday.

Hence another reason why I'm only saying I've got $250 for mods on the Mustang soon. hahaha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts