Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys, in a couple weeks im putting in 2600 stall. Its going in my fox body. Was just curious to see how my mileage is going to be? Anyone have one? How do you like it?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Yo guys, in a couple weeks im putting in 2600 stall. Its going in my fox body. Was just curious to see how my mileage is going to be? Anyone have one? How do you like it?
I've never personally had a stall since I am stick shift... But I can tell you this, your mileage won't really vary that much. Your car will move from a dead stop easier now since you'll have more torque/horsepower available to you as soon as you press the gas. Usually cruising rpm range is 2000-2500 anyway so you're right there.

Good luck.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i driven in a car with a 4800 stall before but ive never actually drove the car. Im excited to see how it feels. Ill finally be able to get it to the ground lol. Should run pretty good with my new heads. Hows it on the highway?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
i driven in a car with a 4800 stall before but ive never actually drove the car. Im excited to see how it feels. Ill finally be able to get it to the ground lol. Should run pretty good with my new heads. Hows it on the highway?
On the highway its fine... My buddy has a similar setup to fastback except a hair slower E.T wise and he has a 4500 stall. He cruises justttt fine ;)

What heads did you put on? What cam do you have?

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and im not sure, my cousin's buddy bought it and was gonna put it in his truck but never did. and he wants to get rid of it. so im buying it. ill know the brand when i get

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont want anything crazy cause its still my everyday car. Im getting it for really cheap so i just wanted to try it. motor should like the stall

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
AOD transmissions lock up in 3rd & 4th gear so your highway crusing shouldn't be affected!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet. and also, completely off topic but i have flowmaster 40s and ive noticed that they drone more than the 50s. do you guys know any mufflers that wont drone as bad? so for off topic but was just curious

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Hope that convertor is dirt cheap. Anything less than an advertised 3k isn't worth it in my opinion. Items probably going to flash at about 1800-2000 at best because it's a weaker combo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cause i gotta keep it as an everyday drive cause im still in highschool lol. Ive been building it.for 2 years. As much as i would love to put a 347 stroker in her and a 4800 stall i cant cause its my everyday drive. So yea for the money i cant beat it. Might as well. Getting a trans cooler too. So all said and done i got a stall for $250.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts