Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im lookin into getting new rims and i have decided to run 17x10.5s on the back. Would a 17x9 fit on the front with 275/40/17 tires and not rub? my car is lowered an inch if that helps but they seem a little too wide and i dont want to buy them and have them not fit.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
275's tend to rub a bit :yes

Some pepes have no issues while others have some, just too many factors to consider to know. I recommend a 265 for a better fit, IMO, but will be safest to address the protruding tabs of your front fenders reguardless of what tires you get when going to a 9" wheel up front.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
What he said.

I have 265/35/18 going up front. Not mounted yet, and I'm already worried something is not going to fit right.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
HEY..... I am a lady! Thank you very much

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
... jus' playin' :yes I'm a dood :D

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
265's are a good fit, for a 9" wheel :yes

I have found that a 275 is a little fat, even though rated to fit a 9" wheel, and tends to roll-over on hard cornering and looses grip. If you were really aggressive on corners I would recommend a 255 or even a 245.

Jazzer the ambidextrous kitty :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My 275s rub on right turn transitions. :( Should have gone with the 265.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Depending on where they rub, may not be an issue :no

If hitting the fender (there are some sharp edges under there that can cut), just bend them back out of the way a bit with some caution. Easy to do and nowhere near cutting the entire underside completely off, as I had to do. Cannot tell from the outside, but I no longer have fenders to roll :D

Jazzer... rollin' fatties :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts