Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 275-40 on my 17x9 rim fit up FRONT without any issues? 99 cobra with H&R race springs.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
It should fit just fine depending on your wheels. It may rub a bit at full lock, again depending on your wheels.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should fit just fine depending on your wheels. It may rub a bit at full lock, again depending on your wheels.
Hmm. I got 03 Cobra style from AM.com

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
imo 275 is too wide for the front.

every 275 tire ive run up front has rubbed(thats on 17s and 18s). plus 275s track the road really bad.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I ran a 275 in the front on my old 01, but I can agree that it is a bit too much of a tire for the front. I never had any rubbing issues, but turning was not too fun in the rain. OP I would grab something thinner and stickier.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sucks. Already got them, I swear I read that that's what was recommended, they said 255 wouldnt protect/cover the rim good enough and blah blah but when I pulled them out of the box today they looked a little big too me so I thought I would ask.. So I made a poor choice... Anyone wanna buy me something smaller and I'll send you these :(

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
run em till theyre done and just get new ones. they rubbed my sway bar and my k-member just at full lock.

i run 255's up front on my 17x9s and the 275s is what AM recommends.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright guys, thanks, hopefully I'll get them on tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
The will be fine for daily driving man. Even a few highway pulls or street races if you choose. Just don't try and hit up a road course with them and expect good times is all.

by full lock I mean making a tight K turn. You will be able to drive on those tires just fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm running them on my '01 GT, and I only get a slight rub while cornering pretty hard and at full lock, which is very seldom.
After about 500 miles on these tires (Nitto 555's), I have absolutely no issues with tracking or driveability with the 275's up front.
It corners nice and tight on the twisties, and tracks straight as an arrow on the freeway.
You can see the rup spot on my sway bar on the left of this pic...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They will fit but they rub a little at full turn and they feel very heavy when you turn compared to the 245s on the front that replaced the 275s. They will fit but many/some want recommend them for the front its been asked more than a few times on here.
Thanks for the repeat. I also don't live on here so I don't know the topic of every thread. Search yielded no immediate results either. Wanted a fast answer so I posted. Get over it Nazi.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Now, play nice HorsepoweR... He is not being a "Nazi", just has seen this question MANY times and they do come up very frequently.

Jazzer :)

PS. Why DON'T you live on here, the rest of us do :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts