Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im about to get my rear end rebuild with 3.73s. Should I upgrade to a 31 spline axle or keep the stock 28 spline axle?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am going to using the car for drag racing so I will be running some DRs. Also will have a blower on the car. Shooting for 350rwhp.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If price isn't an issue, definitely go with 31's. I broke a stock axle on 240rwhp on drag radials launching hard on a sticky track.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
33spline :D

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
how much power do you plan on pushing? if it's just a bolt on/5speed/dr car you'd be good to go if you just upgraded the stock axles with some mosers or something. If it's an auto car you prolly wont even need to upgrade that unless you really want to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be going to track. I am putting a supercharger on once I find one for a good price. Plan on having 350rwhp. I will be using drag radials. So go with a 31 spline?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Definitely get 31 splines.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
+1 no brainer... 31spline for sure you if plan on sticky rubber at the strip, especially if you've got some power. :yes

Heres what my stock 28spline looked like after a few MT ET Street launches..

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I put my 4:10's in I kept my 28spline diff/axles. Since then I have added a blower. Now every time I go to the track I am scared of twisting an axle. If nothing else I think going to a 31 spline set up is worth it just for the piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
+1 no brainer... 31spline for sure you if plan on sticky rubber at the strip, especially if you've got some power. :yes

I have that axle's twin in the scrap metal pile somewhere, if you want a matching set..........:p

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
if your in there and looking to upgrade a 33 or 35 isnt a bad idea..never worry bout it again

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
Anybody know what kind of material they are made out of? I work with splines day in and day out on shafts for oil pipelines... some of the material we use I think would be damn near impossible to shred; not with any type of power you could get from a piston engine, anyway :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ive got a procharged 02 with 3:73's and im going to go with 31's. Id just feel alot better about launching at 4k on et streets with 31's. some people get by with it some people dont.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Up to what power levels would the forged Moser 28 splines be good for? Assuming frequent DR launches?

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts

more splines = more better

unless you are running low on spears :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts