Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys think my rear end would hold up to 350hp with frpp carbon fiber posi and some 410's.

i wanna build it up some but im not planning on going more then 350hp with my current rearend right now. would some c clip elims help strengthen my rear end make it more stable?
i really wanna get a posi of some sort and slap 410's but i wanna make sure its strong enough without having to actually go up to the 31 spline.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I believe it should. you wont need c-clip elims. they dont make it stronger. just hold the axle in if it brakes which the caliper bracket does a good job with

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You can always get a 31 spline conversion kit from LMR if your worried

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt want to get too crazy with it..but i wanted to upgrade it some with no worrie. i use to have a 97 gt with 410's and i busted the limited slip twice. i want power to go to both wheels and not worry about breaking it again in my 03. can i get a posi from frpp that gets both wheels going? just dont want to spend $500+ on a locker or auburn etc...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or maybe the right question would be...what makes that part in the rear ends so weak? what can i get to fix that problem? without changing the axles?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
the axles are tapered and a smaller diameter than 31 spline. I run a FRPP diff in my car and have no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you get the one with the cf clutches?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and you got not worries when you launch? would that be strong enough IF i ever wanted to run slicks? i know that axles are. im just more concerned with the traction lok

and damn $480 or so for a whole conversion doesnt seem that bad at all. its less that the parts i pieced together.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I believe this will answer your question

[ame=http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/xplodr150/?action=view&current=Racing004.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup. that def does it. nice! thanx for the good info.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
glad I could help

Reactions: 97S281

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
clutch was on its way out the door in that video. moments before in the burnout, when comin out of the water box, instead of the enginebogging down from the tires grabbing, it started bouncing off the rev limiter. stock clutch did pretty good up until now

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
i've seen some foxes with 28's holding up to about 400HP i've also seen my buddy in his 97 cobra launch at about 4000 RPM on DR's and shattered everything in the rear end and bent both axles. He made 421 HP on a dyno.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I went 10.76 with a 1.52 60' on a stock rear end... 125K miles on that rear end too... But now I got to step it up, because at 10.99 you are required by NHRA rules to have C Clip Elmininators, and aftermarket axles... So I will go to a 33 spline setup...

I probaby made in the order of 530 RWHP on that pass too... Normally i leave off a trans brake at 4600 RPM with no issues yet

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was tryin to make sure i didnt overkill and spend crazy amount of money for a rearend i'll never get the most out of for what i have, as far as mods. it seems that the 31 spline conversion is a pretty good route to go. im just makin sure that i dont bust up my rearend by upgrading to 410's with everything bein stock so i was tryin to find that happy median.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts