Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my distrib and now I can get her to start can someone explainhow to set up timing in a very easy way I know most of it but I'm missing something Thanks Jeff:confused:

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
make sure your #1 piston is TDC on the compression stroke, have the rotor land on the #1 post when you put the dizzy in. if for some reason you cant get the dizzy to seat turn the shaft on the oil pump till it seats. make sure your points are propperly gapped and you should be good with some minor tuning.... someone correct me if i'm wrong...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
289 dist

Thanks for the reply. This is what I have done so far. I have found TDC and placed the balancer at 0. However I can't seem to get the distributor/rotor to line up with the #1 cly . I placed a mark on the dist at #1 wire and a mark on the dist itself. the two just dont jive and all 3 just dont line up rotor/mark on #1 wire and #1cly. I do have spark at the coil, I just took a wire off the dist to see if I had spark and I did not see any. But Im still out of time correct? Thanks for all the help Jeff In Indy:confused:

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
you cant get the dizzy to seat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts