Modded Mustang Forums banner

29th Annual Mustang & All Ford Car Show & Swap Meet in Indianapolis

4K views 39 replies 5 participants last post by  j21moss 
#1 ·
Mustang Club of Indianapolis is proud to present:

New Location!!!! Inside O'Reilly Raceway Park in Clermont,In. (Formally Indianapolis Raceway Park) the home of the US Nationals.

Date: July 19th-20th 2008

Featured Cars: 1968 & 2008..also the 40th Anniversary of the: "Bullitt"

more info to come so stay tuned.

www.indymustangclub.com

2007 Concours Winner: 1969 Mustang GT

#4 ·
go to website and on left hand side buttons go to Car Show Button and then down at bottom of that page press entry form button.. print entry form out and it will have choices of hotels that are close by.. I hope this helps.. See ya there!!

#8 ·
updates::: Special Guest Speaker at Saturday Dinner Banquet will be Scott Hoag for MRT, also portion of proceeds to benefit Riley Children's Hospital, also on Sunday after Awards, there will be a Tour over at John/Ashley Force Race Shop, also running at the same time as Car show on both Saturday and Sunday will be E/T Bracket racing Series.. So there is something for everybody to enjoy

#10 ·
Yes, Friday is the Welcome Bash at American Legion on I-70 and Holt Rd on Indy's westside at 6:30pm.. after the Bash there is a Pony Trail to Good Timin Hot Rods for a Cruise-in on Indy's eastside.. along the way we will be stopping at Riley Children's Hospital to have a visit with some special kids who adore Mustangs and we will have a F-550 Ford Monster Truck that will also go with us, just to see the sparkle in their eyes. We hope just for about 15 minutes those kids will have the best fun they haven't seen in along time.. That to us makes the trip worth it..once we get to Good Timin's, their will be a small Car show, games and other things to do as well as right behind the place is Edwards drive-in for some great Ice Cream.. To finish the night on Friday.. there will be a Fireworks display.. On Saturday.. gates open at 7:00am and judging starts at 11:00am.. show will close at 5:00pm and Dinner Banquet is at 7:00pm once again at American Legion.. Sunday..gates open at 7:00am and Hot Laps on oval track begin at 7:30am and end at 9:00am.. Awards are scheduled around 12 noon or so and then the Tour at John Force Race Shop will end this great weekend...

#11 ·
Hmmmm.....

Do you know about what time Friday it will be over?

Here's the thing...I'm DYING to get together with a bunch of other Mustangers. And a cruise! Are you kidding me? Would LOVE IT!

We've got a wedding on Saturday afternoon and we're about an hour north of Indy. So thinking Saturday probably isn't the best idea. Sunday at 6 am we leave to go back packing for a week.

Thinking maybe we could swing Friday if it's not over too late though. What's the cost for Friday? That sounds perfect if we can plan to leave work a little early.

#12 ·
You know - I talked to my husband today and I think we're going to go ahead and plan to come down on Friday. The more I thought about it, the more excited I got! And getting to see the kids at Riley is always a plus.

Do I need to fill out the registration form on your website if we're just coming for the pony trail on Friday night?

Thanks man - I'm PUMPED!

#14 ·
ok.. if you just want to do the Cruise-in on friday and not the Welcome Bash Dinner..no problem..Everybody is welcome to the Cruise-in.. I believe there is no cost for the cruise-in at Good Timin hot rods but if there is it should be less than $15.00.. but if you want to do the Welcome Bash you will need to go to Mustang Club of Indianapolis and check prices on the Bash on the Registration Form..The Bash starts around 6:00pm and leaving there for eastside about 7:30pm.. I believe the Riley trip should be a quick one so we can be at Cruise-in about 8:30 or so. Fireworks start at dusk and should be all done by 10:15 or so.. i hope this helps out!!!

#16 ·
here is what I would do.. download the Entry form off the site and call Diane Rhyne on the phone number that is listed.. I think it starts with 297.. call her and ask what you should do.. I think it shouldn't be a problem.. but play it safe.. I would ask Cyndi.. but right now.. she's too buzy for me.. trying to get things in order... she is so picky!!! LOL:yes

#17 ·
Cool - I just talked to Diane! She said just come on down and we'll pay at the event for dinner and fill out the registration form then since it's so late in the game now.

The only way we wouldn't be there is if it's rainy out...won't drive all the way down there to ride in the rain but so far the forecast looks good!

I am so excited! :)

Dr. Boss Moss huh? I'm guessing there is a story there?

And that's a sweet car! You should post up some pics for us to oooooo and ahhhhhh over lol

#21 ·
Oh my GAWD that is so cool! Are we going to line em up on the circle like that or was that a special arrangement with the city?

Well my husband and I spent 3 hours scrubbing it yesterday and I'm going to make sure it's good and clean on Thursday before I go to work. I've done a few things to my car but don't want to call too much attention to it for a few reasons....one of which is just watching the expressions on people faces since they think it's "just a GT" lol

#22 ·
no.. it was for a car show at war memorial about 2 weekends ago...but it would be kewl to host a mustang show there.

I agree on the GT bit... I was fooled about a month ago at a show a lady wanted me to take a look at her car about putting Lemans stripes down her car.. I thought it was a GT and all until she opened her hood... I guess I'm geting old!!:confused:

#26 ·
well you couldn't this car has it has had all GT parts put on it and even Dual Exhaust Flowmasters,..I even seen a guy who has a 07 V6 with a complete Roush package on it. Without the hood up..very hard to tell

#27 ·
Very true...there's some 6ers in here that could give my GT a good run and probably beat me...course I've never raced a day in my life so I'm not a super person to say "Yay! I beat a V8!" lol

Do you do painting then? You mentioned the stripes...

#29 ·
Ahhh...okay... That's cool - weather still looks great for Friday! Getting fired up! Going to give the car a good clean up again tomorrow night so she's good to go Friday as soon as we get out of work. Any construction that we need to be aware of?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.