Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alternator went on on March 25th, I ordered a new one from American Muscle. I installed the new on March 31st. Today I was going to take the Mustang to go watch a friend get his Mustang tuned, he was looking to hit a 1000 rwhp. Well my battery light was on, didn't even get out of the garage. Removed the alternator after some trouble shooting and had it tested, which it failed. Called AM and they are sending me a new one.

I haven't heard what my fiends car ended up doing today. He's got a built 4.6 DOHC, SC, twin hellion turbos and nitrous. The last tune session the rear wheesl were spinning on the dyno and it exceeded 800 rwhp on 11 degrees of timing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
When it comes to the alternator it happens. Be glad you were still in your garage. Not an freeway off ramp intersection and the second time left turn lane once again in an intersection.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time it happened the battery light was never on. Started the car and went to the car wash, went thru the car wash then shut it off to dry it off. Went to start it up and a dead battery. Got it pushed started and it didn't take but a couple of miles for it to overheat as the fan didn't come on and the gauges were all dead. Ran like **** too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts