Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way back to work and as I was leaving the stop lights while in first my car felt like it was being held back as if I had the brakes on slightly so I shifted to 2nd and as the rpms rose to 3500 i heard a POP threw the exhaust. after that the car seemed fine and accelerated smoother then it did prior to the POP. This happened 2 days ago also...

Anyone ever had this issue

The engine has about 1200 miles on it now. I do have some exhaust leaks and Im waiting on my new O2's so I dont have to wrestle with the H pipe twice.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Weird, so was it sluggish? And only does it from a stop or do you notice any difference in preformance at cruising speeds?

I had a similar problem and changed my spark plugs, seemed to take it away, dunno if thats it but at least worth a shot to take a look at them, and make sure for some reason your plugs aren't arching, but you would notice it more than just a stop i would imagine. Do you feel a power loss at all?

could be O2 sens. but again i would imagine you would notice it more at higher speeds as well and acceleration.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
check the battery connections also, i had a rear mount battery in my other car and the terminals were loose, i was driving and it popped so i shut it off and checked the rearview for parts in the street, and my cables were loose and the coil was trying to fire it kept coming in and out of power. but besides the point id do plugs wires cap and rotor should clean up nicely

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels sluggish until it pops then it seems fine untill I shut the car off then it begins again

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I Figured out what its was I put an ADS superchip in and it was the whole problem took it out and whoooo hoooo I got powaz again LOL

BUT

As I was pulling away from the stop lights tonight I goosed her a little in first, shifted to 2nd and tragedy struck me by way of a loud thud and a high reved engine...... I lost 2nd gear All other gears work fine and shift smoothly and theres no grinding or chattering. It feels like its going into 2nd when you put in, but when you lift the clutch its just like being in nuetral

Sooo any ideas...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts