Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a rebuilt mach 1 short block with new stock pistons (-3cc) and I'm planning on putting some ported PI heads and MHS stage 2 cams on. I was wondering if anyone has used 2v heads on a mach 1 block, and if there are any PTV issues with those pistons?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yes you can, if im not mistaken, it raises your compression ratio and isnt too bad for NA.

You’ll still have to check and adjust for ptv clearance. Thats with any motor. At least I would.

Someone on here has done it before. Hit the search, TONS of great information on the swap.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Crunching the numbers it looks like that will give you an 11.8:1 CR (a little higher if it's been zero decked.) Definitely want to stick to a higher octane or E85 on that, but possible, especially with a bigger cam.

The downside is you'll have to check for PTV on those, and may need to retard it some to prevent any, losing some of the potential.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen 2v heads work on wap blocks, but usually from an explorer or aviator, which have different pistons than the mach. The cams worked fine on my romeo, but they were tough for me to degree, I'll probably pay someone to degree them on the new block so I don't have to worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts