Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can't just swap heads can you?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? So bottom end will stay the same i would just have to change everything top end to a 4v set-up?

basically what i want to know is, if i ended up changing would it make more power than the 2v? If i did all the same mods.

don't flame, i know i'm ignorant about internal motor, i'm trying getting there

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i was just being curious.

I'm staying N/A maybe juice way down the road and was just curious.

Alright, thread can die know, i got the answer, lol

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thought about that, i'll see what i end up doing. Thanks for the help guys.

MM FTMFW!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
There are so many 4v swap threads around here its not even funny..and asking the exact same question.. No disrespect whatsoever, but search next time.. It's been answered..:)

And finding a used shortblock isn't so easy...Its not the shortblock that's the problem though..It's the pistons..You need pistons that are 4v-specific with a lesser dish unless you want a low compression ratio. Even then, im not 100% sure the 2v pistons will clear the valves...

It REALLY is a lot easier to just buy the whole motor..Better yet, it'll be even easier to just sell the car and buy a cobra or mach 1... Maybe even cheaper.. 4v motors aint cheap.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are so many 4v swap threads around here its not even funny..and asking the exact same question.. No disrespect whatsoever, but search next time.. It's been answered..:)
honestly. i forgot to search. not even going to say i did. lol :D

i will next time, i promise

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
you pretty much need heads cams cause they are dohc of course you have to do all the timing stuff and a intake manifold

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you pretty much need heads cams cause they are dohc of course you have to do all the timing stuff and a intake manifold
i'm not talking abotu chaning blocks...just heads, so basically a 4v SOHC

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
i'm not talking abotu chaning blocks...just heads, so basically a 4v SOHC
No such thing...the 4v is a DOHC head... DOHC stands for dual overhead cams...That means theres 1 cam for the intake valves and 1 for the exhuast valves...The 2v head uses 1 cam to control both the intake and exhuast valves..

·
Registered
205 Posts
i know yo will need thew timming cover, alt, intake, all the timming chanes, cams, heads, intake, t.b., computer, wiring harness, cobra exhaust mann or headers, chnge the coolant system, your pcv system and so on... thats why its allways better go get a 4V long block, or get everything from a wrecked 4V car...lincoln, ford, merc.....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No such thing...the 4v is a DOHC head... DOHC stands for dual overhead cams...That means theres 1 cam for the intake valves and 1 for the exhuast valves...The 2v head uses 1 cam to control both the intake and exhuast valves..
i know what DOHC means. i'm not a jackass. but thanks for stating the obvious

1 - 20 of 41 Posts