Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never seen this question on here, and I couldnt find anything with google. What would it take to build a 2v to run 11's? I know it will be hard and expensive, and easier with a 4v, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
There's a ton of 11 second 2V's, it's easy to do with a power adder.

There's a few N/A 2V's in the 11's, it's a bit harder, but nothing unachievable or miraculous.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Going for 11's with 15's and drag radials...mods in garage

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on doing some type of F/I, just havent decided which route yet. How hard is it to replace heads and pistons/rods? I have some mechanical skills/ common sense, is this something I can do or would it be better for a speed shop to do it? how much would that run?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
for a n/a build or a future FI build?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
how do u know?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for a n/a build or a future FI build?
What do you mean?

I didnt realize it was as easy as it is to run 11's. I guess I'm just used to seeing all the "will a plenum/CAI put me in the 12's" questions.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
when the pistons and heads may be different on the type of build you are wanting and fuel you will run

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Get a Kenne Bell 2.1 at 9psi, off road mid pipe, a dyno tune, and BFG or MT drag radials and you'll be running 11's all day. You'll also be at or just over 400rwhp.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when the pistons and heads may be different on the type of build you are wanting and fuel you will run
Oh ok, I got you. Im thinking of either the twisted wedge or the fox lake heads, I figured while their off I may as well get the pistons and rods replaced too.

Ill be doing full suspension when I get home from deployment in 2 months, The rest will come slowly but surely. I'm just trying to make a plan with the overall goal.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
all depends how you want to get there. with the right parts, and a power adder you can go 11's all day long.

several things to look into:

plenum
gears
power adder (100 shot or roughly 8psi)
some suspension work (get all of dialed in as well)
tires that will stick plant the power (and axle set up that will take the abuse)

and MOST IMPORTANT, you have to be able to drive it

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
all depends how you want to get there. with the right parts, and a power adder you can go 11's all day long.

several things to look into:

plenum
gears
power adder (100 shot or roughly 8psi)
some suspension work (get all of dialed in as well)
tires that will stick plant the power (and axle set up that will take the abuse)

and MOST IMPORTANT, you have to be able to drive it
So if I get a set of slicks and skinnies,rear suspension changed and get the driver mod sorted out I should be able to run high 11's? I don't have much weight reduction but do have most of what you mentioned. Im also at around 200ft above sea level.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you should be able to.

i went 11.7 with:

power:
cai
t/b
plenum
udp's
header back
100 shot
3.73's
diablo w/ tweaked canned tuned
slicks in back, stock front wheels/tires

suspension

control arms
sub frames
k-member

i'm also approx 1000ft elevation, did it all on frpp c-springs as well. the car was actually way too low for the drags, but i liked the way it sat.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
im going for 11s in my vert, i plan on running a vortech

1 - 20 of 61 Posts