Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
honestly there will never be a solid answer to that question. some people have ran over 400rwhp and survived for ages and some people have ran under that and have there car blow up rather quickly. Its all gonna depend on the tune, how hard you push the car on a daily basis, and of course a little bit of luck. for the most part i think you will have better luck if you stay between the 350-380rwhp on stock internals

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i'm hitting 368 hp on 7 lbs. 10 lbs would likely put me around 400 or so.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
10psi is doable. these motors will go 400rwhp+ but it comes down to set up, tune, etc. do everything right, and these motors will take quiet a bit and be trouble free.

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
honestly there will never be a solid answer to that question. some people have ran over 400rwhp and survived for ages and some people have ran under that and have there car blow up rather quickly. Its all gonna depend on the tune, how hard you push the car on a daily basis, and of course a little bit of luck. for the most part i think you will have better luck if you stay between the 350-380rwhp on stock internals
:woot I slid right in there!

i'm hitting 368 hp on 7 lbs. 10 lbs would likely put me around 400 or so.
Yep, im hitting just above that on about 6-8. I would like to get to 400 on 10lbs. I want to swap pulleys and retune for my mid pipe and see where im at.

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
You're cammed though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im in the same boat just going to put my KB on and want to be in a safe zone

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm making 523 RWHP at 13lbs of boost with a D-1SC. Power falls off around 6200 RPM with the stock plastic manifold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
those blowers mentioned above can and do push the envelope of safety for the stock 2v engine - to stay safe, I'd highly recommend the Saleen Series IV / aka whipple/lysholm - it is a twin screw, positive displacement blower - there is one good looking kit for sale on ebay right now - "saleen series iv supercharger" brings it up - that one was designed for stock internals - the S281, which is basically a GT w/ bilstein / eibach rebranded suspension and a good looking body kit...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Plenty of people making over 400 hp without issues... seems once most people exceed the 450hp mark they are on borrowed time.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
385 is what I am looking to get once I get boosted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
every modular forum i'm on has this same thread and every one of them has different answers.

i've seen comments such as "at 350whp start praying", and "380whp on a stock shortblock....WOW".

and then "400whp is fine fr a daily driven 2v", and "tons of people are running around over the 400 mark and havent went kaboom yet".

i personally think its more in the approach to that power, which includes the tune as well as components.

a non intercooled car putting down 400whp is more than likely (almost certainly) ingesting ALOT hotter air charge than an intercooled 400whp car. you think this effects engine longevity? bet you butt it does. same goes for an S trim car making 400whp vs a SI trim car making the same.

theres too many variables to give a straight answer, but my thought is: under 400whp on a SAFE tune and you'll be fine (on a mustang dyno i'd be comfy under 360ish).

my $.02

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The thing is too, with 380 etc rwhp, and are cars being lighter, we should be about even with a stock 2011.

:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ran 2 years with 10 psi on mine. Once i had my built motor i through 16 psi at my stock motor and made it 300 miles and 2 1/3 passes LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts