Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i saw it done on youtube to a guy name joe..neckbonekat even replied it on it..but anyways what all do you need besides the 3v heads??do you need intake,throttle body,and what kind of cai??also i have a 4r70w which i just got done building and im keeping it in so what would i have to get for a computer??please anyone??

·
Registered
856 Posts
i noticed that it said Logan Motorsports. they make a kit i believe. i asked the same question a while back. me and you are in the same boat. if not much is needed and it's not as costly as i'd think then i might have to sell my PI heads

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi Randy,

The kit consists of a throttle body adapter to put a regular Cobra twin blade for cable driven operation onto the 3V mustang intake. Please note this only works on the mustang intake manifold. It has adapter plates to put a regular 2V exhaust system onto the 3V heads. It also has an adapter to make the '99-'04 fuel pressure sensor work in the '05 and up fuel rails. Because your car is pre-'99 and has a return style fuel system you will need to buy after market return style fuel rails for the '05 engine. The only other thing you need are the blow by racing adjustable cam gears for the 3V engine to eliminate the variable cam timing.

We designed the kit to work with the pre-'05 cylinder blocks because adapting the motor mounts would have been more expensive than having the customer just use his old block or buying another. You can find mod motor blocks anywhere, and even the worst windsor 2V blocks can handle 600-700 horsepower. The kit doesn't include heads or intake or anything like that, it is designed for the customer who wants to purchase 3V parts and put them into his pre-'05 mustang. We can get these parts for you if need be however.

The kit is $320. A performance shop would need to be pretty familiar with not only mod motors but mustangs in general to do the swap successfully. It is not a beginner job. That being said...we have had individuals with not a whole lot of expierience doing the swap in their garages. We will help you if we can.

If you have any other questions please ask!

DeWayne Logan

Logan Motorsports
630-294-5352

(straight from Logan Motorsports)

·
Registered
856 Posts
i'm e-mailing Logan Motorsports to see if they can round all the parts up and give me a price estimate. i'm not mechanically inclined so i asked them if a shop wasn't able to do the swap would it be possible to set up a weekend or so to get the install up in Illinois. i think it'd be worth it. that video from 220 HP to 350 HP, holy hell man. and i bet no one else on the streets here has a 3v swap. so not sure man. i'm definitely thinking about it

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah 2 of us are thinking about it also..we need to know every exact part we need to..cuz i may go ahead and forge my block..and put those 3v heads and boost it all at once cuz we have to get it tuned anywyas for the heads...

·
Registered
856 Posts
lol, a bit off topic but God damn! i just turned 19 yesterday, got a g/f, you're nuts. i worked 2 jobs this summer and it kicked my ass. God bless you dude

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
how does swapping the heads and intake make the set up worth another 110 hp at the motor, the 3v in the 05-08 are rated at 300 crank hp and around 270 rwhp, with 350 rwhp that is around 410 crank hp

·
Registered
856 Posts
i can't find any unported 3V heads anywhere. Ford only supplies them ported but i haven't tried calling them and Logan Mo. is e-mailing me sometime this week. not sure if i'm gonna PI swap right now and then a bit later do the 3V swap. really hard to choose. for me, it depends on what Logan Motorsports and Houston Performance say about the swap

·
Registered
856 Posts
lol, i said forget it today. i just said that i'm gonna mod my 2v to its limit and in a couple of years i'll buy a Termie.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts