1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im posting this for my father.

Current specs

Block:
-level 10 race prepped block bored and honed .020 over. (windsor)
Rods:
-4340 forged 5.933" full floating H-beams with arp 2000 bolts
Crank:
-forged cobra 3.543" stroke (8 bolt)
Pistons:
Forged Pro-X #4610 (-10cc Max Quench)

with this set up, he currently has 4.6/5.4 SOHC heads with bigger valves, high pressure springs, steel retainers, and a CNC port job.

will this set up work right if he was to switch to 4v heads?

Sorry If I missed anything. if you need any more info ill try to find it

edit:
and I know its more than just heads swapped

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Intake of course, headers, cooling etc.... but the short block will work just fine yes. 2V and 4V use the same primary timing set so you won't even have to change that.

·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intake of course, headers, cooling etc.... but the short block will work just fine yes. 2V and 4V use the same primary timing set so you won't even have to change that.
thanks. I don't know why no one told him he could do a 4v set up when he built that thing. I think it was a mix of that, and him not doing enough research either.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Personally I'd stay 2V. Lighter and has tons of potential. Just my opinion though, not the gospel.

·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much boost would you guys suggest running on a set up like this? with a .040 thick head gasket and the 50cc heads we have, the compression ratio is 9.4:1. everythings forged, it has a billet aluminum main support system with arp main studs, and is in desperate need of boost. lol

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I'm not a s/c guy but with a forged bottom end and compression that low it will take just about all you can throw at it, of course your fuel system will need to keep up with it too.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
If you were to cram as much boost as it will hold it will take more than that pump, duals or triples. Or it could always stay conservative but I'd err to the side of caution; fuel starvation destroys boosted motors.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Id say that 9.5:1 is perfect for most built and boosted applications......so throw all the boost you want at it...seems like u got a more than good enough setup to handle it.

Is it ARP equipment all round?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Svt pump is easy to install if you go that way, litterly plug and play, most will reccomend to drill a hole in the hat. I put a svt pump in when I had to fix my gas tank filler neck gasket

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If our dad spent 12,400 on a well built motor im assuming his power goals are much larger than what an svt focus pump can handle.......stock blown gt's max these pumps out easy even with a BAP.....take a look at lethal performance and their fuel systems.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Lethal performance like he said, they will already have a hat made up, and I. Believe it will hold up to 3 pumps

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
You should go more than that. Twin divisionX stryker pumps from lethal performance 310lph IIRC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts