Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was thinking about changing my 2v mustang gt into a 4v. wut would be required to do this and wut can i expect for results after its is done?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
so i was thinking about changing my 2v mustang gt into a 4v. wut would be required to do this and wut can i expect for results after its is done?
depends on alot of things,you can expect 2 more cam's and 2 more valves.:sorry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey man if you do decide to go that route lemme no i got a set of 98 cobra 4v heads i bought and changed my mind on converting my engine

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well how much would you be willing to sell em for and wut kinda labor would i need to do to get them in? would it be a worhtwhile investment?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well i paid 200 for them (heads,Cams, vakve covers) But let me no if ur really interested il let u have them for 150 plus shipping. As far as it being worh it power wise i really dont no. Maybe someone else can answer that for u

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
really bro for the money and work involved its not worth it. i dont know what your wanting out of your car, but youd be better off keeping your heads, or getting pi heads and getting either of them worked. add some cams, gears and a s/c if you want.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
oh. i thought that a with a 4v i would be able to handle more power and better response but as long as it makes that lil of a diff im cool with not getting it. the work doesnt bother me seeing as i got a LONG time to do wut i want. 2yr loans are a bitch. and i would get pi heads and a supercharger but putting the pi upgrade on the car means higher compression ratio which means if i ever want a s/c i would have to use low compression springs. as long as im doing all that work i mise well take apart my transmission and fix the synchros and put in some gears too and get a new clutch. as much as i would like to just rip apart my car in one day i think ill pass due to how long it would be outta commission for that.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
your right that pi heads will raise your c/r but with a good tune you could still run 8psi safely, maybe 10. you could get your npi heads p&p with some npi cams too and not worry about adding boost.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Well i paid 200 for them (heads,Cams, vakve covers) But let me no if ur really interested il let u have them for 150 plus shipping. As far as it being worh it power wise i really dont no. Maybe someone else can answer that for u
Where are you located??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im located in rochester hills michigan. its like an hour away from detroit.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well then my question is wut is the maximum compression ratio i can run? i thought you could only go up to like 10:1? btw im still new and learning about my car/cars in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts