Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a difference between the two?
are they made differently??

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I assume so, the heads are much larger than the 2v. Same with intake gaskets, they would need to be larger since it has more valves. It wouldn't make sense to have the same size runners...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone with an exact answer??:(

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
PM amj, jivepeeper, sweet2kstang, one of those three will know for sure, as for me im almost positive they will not work just go get the right gaskets

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
no they wont work, our heads are waaaay wider than yours, and the intakes completely different

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thats a sign of relief.. i kinda figured the intake gasket wouldnt fit but kinda skeptical on the head gasket cause the blocks deck is only so big and the 2v gasket covers the whole thing.. so i figured they were made differently?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Heres an idea for you. Go to vatozone, advanced,summit, whoevers website that sells the gaskets youre looking into or have.

Find out what gaskets fit your car, find out what gaskets fit xxx year 4v, compare the part numbers, and there you have it, simple as that. Goodluck on the intake manifold gaskets working, and as far as the head gaskets I donno, just but the right stuff and be done with it.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
well thats a sign of relief.. i kinda figured the intake gasket wouldnt fit but kinda skeptical on the head gasket cause the blocks deck is only so big and the 2v gasket covers the whole thing.. so i figured they were made differently?
skeptical if the head gaskets are the same? the block itself is the same thing, the heads overall are bigger but are on the same deck.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
skeptical if the head gaskets are the same? the block itself is the same thing, the heads overall are bigger but are on the same deck.
same exact thing i was thinking. Yeah the heads are bigger but they are on the same deck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts