Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY, MY CLUTCH WENT OUT SAT. NIGHT, IM THINKING ABOUT LETTING THE CAR SIT FOR THE WINTER, UNDECIDED AT THE MOMENT, BUT I WANT TO DO A LUMPY CAM AND LONG TUBES AND EXHAUST, REPLACE THE CLUTCH AND AND A BLOWER AT VERY LOW BOOST FOR SHOW (JUST UNTIL I GET THE MOTOR REBUILT) AND THATS AS FAR AS THE ENGINE GOES, BUT.......THE ENGINE IT SELF HAS ABOUT 160,000 MILES ON IT......WAT TO DO.:sorry

·
Registered
118 Posts
i kno what you should do. give me my tires you owe me

·
Registered
118 Posts
HEY, MY CLUTCH WENT OUT SAT. NIGHT, IM THINKING ABOUT LETTING THE CAR SIT FOR THE WINTER, UNDECIDED AT THE MOMENT, BUT I WANT TO DO A LUMPY CAM AND LONG TUBES AND EXHAUST, REPLACE THE CLUTCH AND AND A BLOWER AT VERY LOW BOOST FOR SHOW (JUST UNTIL I GET THE MOTOR REBUILT) AND THATS AS FAR AS THE ENGINE GOES, BUT.......THE ENGINE IT SELF HAS ABOUT 160,000 MILES ON IT......WAT TO DO.:sorry
BUT, yeah you should just get a kb, run it at decent boost untill you blow it. then build it.

also dont by a stage 3 clutch. you dont need all that. a 2 will be fine for now

·
Registered
118 Posts
YOU CAN HAVE THE TIRE JUST GET THEM OFF MY FR500'S, THE CAR WILL BE ON STANDS FOR THE WINTER ANYWAY SO IDC;)
YES!!!! im excited to have drag radials on in the winder :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BUT, yeah you should just get a kb, run it at decent boost untill you blow it. then build it.

also dont by a stage 3 clutch. you dont need all that. a 2 will be fine for now
I WAS GOING TO DO A STAGE 2 ANYWAY, AND A 2.2KB SHOULD NOT HURT THE MOTOR AT LOW BOOST WITH A GOOD TUNE AND CAMS, LONG TUBES AND A FULL O/R EX

·
Registered
118 Posts
I WAS GOING TO DO A STAGE 2 ANYWAY, AND A 2.2KB SHOULD NOT HURT THE MOTOR AT LOW BOOST WITH A GOOD TUNE AND CAMS, LONG TUBES AND A FULL O/R EX
they dont make a 2.2 anymore.. :p just get a 2.1. theres a guy selling a 2.1kb gt on svtp. makes 433rwhp and runs 12.1's.

you need to look into upgrading thoes heads of yours ;)

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
miles are fine as long as you feel the motor is fine. Im at over 150,000 miles and have been blown since bout 130,000 miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
how much power can a built 2v 4.6 make?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
2v 4.6 can make alot. just takes money. jivepepper is over 600rwhp. and there are plenty others up there with a 2v.

stock 2v shortblocks need to watch crossing past 450rwhp though.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
thats right... you build it to withstand whatever and it will do a damn good job trying to do just that. Twin Turbo it with race gas etc.... it just keeps going. LOL. MONEY!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats right... you build it to withstand whatever and it will do a damn good job trying to do just that. Twin Turbo it with race gas etc.... it just keeps going. LOL. MONEY!!!
I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING TWIN AFTER THE MOTOR BLEW, I MEAN I CAN ALWAYS SELL THE BLOWER OR PUT IT ON ANOTHER STANG IN THE DRIVE :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
i heard stock they are safe around 430 but thats about it.

you really think they are good up to 600rwhp with forged internals and thoes crap heads? not bad

·
Registered
118 Posts
I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING TWIN AFTER THE MOTOR BLEW, I MEAN I CAN ALWAYS SELL THE BLOWER OR PUT IT ON ANOTHER STANG IN THE DRIVE :cool:
you could never afford that. and it would just be a pain. you could make 600rwhp with a single turbo.

why would you blow the $ and go with a twin?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
naw you wouldnt want to try for 600rwhp with the stock heads. Definitely want some ported heads or maybe even the trickflows. Im thinking the only way those trickflows will live up to all the hype is with a blower. Even then im thinking a stage 3 port will hang with them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
are the trick flows the ones where the exhaust port and the intake port's are switched? a buddy of mine was talking about them

1 - 20 of 46 Posts