Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to open a thread for something that will be answered so quickly and all but just wanna know what each ratio ends at in 3rd and 4th gear at 6000rpm's

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The link takes you to Cliffyk's gear/speed calculator.

PaladinMicro

Reactions: M.P. Cobra Fan

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Damn, that is a cool link man. Reps.

So I will lose 40mph top end in 4th gear once I change to 4.10s.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ratios are slightly different in the tr 3650 compared to the t 45...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Na bro... Rear end and trans are two totally dif things... Hell you can run 4.56's if you just wanted to...al though that requires a special cross pin or something but just using that as a refrence

·
Registered
374 Posts
whats the diff between 410s and 327s? which is better at 0-60 and 60-120?
well if it can make the power technically the 4.10 will get there quicker on both those but top end is gone with a 4.10 and daily highway commuting at around 70-80 mph is gonna be at quite a bit higher rpm, but the 3.27 is junk, unless your gonna make a **** ton of power. Not to mention gears help take strain off the tranny so it will benefit you there to do a gear.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I swear I'm never going to make up my mind on which gears...I wanna be quick as **** on the strip...but I don't want to get raped on the free way 65- 70 up... This blows!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I swear I'm never going to make up my mind on which gears...I wanna be quick as **** on the strip...but I don't want to get raped on the free way 65- 70 up... This blows!
3.73's are great i love mine enough to get me down the track fast and get great 60's for nitto's anyways, and i still have some top end to play with in 4th gear. Most will swear by the 4.10 but hell you leave more trap open with a 3.73 either way its all up to you!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been leaning strongly towards the 3.73's... But the only thing I know I won't like is knowing I'm leaving some thing to be desired on the strip...thought bout 3.90's...but na...I don't know...prolly just go 3.73's

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
in you case, stick with the 3.73's. you'll need a bunch of work to take full advantage of the 4.10's with a stick. don't let anyone B/S you that you'll be fine with stock /minor modified susp & drag radial's & 4.10's, 'cause you wouln't.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks casper...I'm going 3.73's... The most I'll ever do to the car will be right over 300 rwhp to maybe a tad over 375 If I decide to super charge in which case 4.10's would be tricky with the supercharger....

·
Registered
374 Posts
in you case, stick with the 3.73's. you'll need a bunch of work to take full advantage of the 4.10's with a stick. don't let anyone B/S you that you'll be fine with stock /minor modified susp & drag radial's & 4.10's, 'cause you wouln't.
+1

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
:lmao

And that is the dilema.

And, depending upon the type of driving that you do, you could loose gas mileage. I went from 22 mpg to 20 mpg when I had the 3.73s installed. I drive about 500 miles per week so at current prices it costs me about $6.00 more for gas per week. To me its not a big deal. To some, it might be.

·
MM.s Used Car Whore
3,925 Posts
when i put my 4.10s in i fell in love!! i wouldnt get 3.73's for what i wanted it would be a waste.. basically... like 500-700rpm change in mph i cant explain it.. but its bad ass! and it still burried the needle going down rt234 hill..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts