Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this going to kill my gas mileage?

i do mostly street driving but drive 10 miles total on the highway monday-friday and never go over 75mph

it already sucks btw

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
just go ahead and do it......if its already that bad its probly not gona get much worse

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i might just go for the 4.10s

since my driving is majorly city....

im hoping this wont cost more than 600 then i could get it done within the next 2 weeks

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a c4 with 3.73 gears and i get about 7-10 mpg depending on how i drive but also have upgraded fuel system and built engine so it uses more gas than stock engine with c4 and 3.73

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^oh god lol was it a big drop going from stock 2.73 or 3.31 gears to 3.73 in gas mileage?

i think i get around 12MPG right now but dont have any upgraded fuel system

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^out of curiousity how much did you pay total for gears + install tony

i'm going to call the shop i go to later today after i find out my current gear ratio

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
gas mileage will be pretty poor, alot depends on your engine mods , what convertor you have and your driving habits, i run a 351 with a 3500 stall in my c 4 and 373s and i would guess my mileage is probably 10- 12 miles per gallon

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
if you are really concerned about gas mileage get some 410s and swap in an aod trans, i know they are pretty weak in stock form but with a few mods they can hold up under a lot of power

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
install was $150....about the cheapest you'll find...with new gears and master install kit, it was over $200, but every bit worth it.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damnit i forgot the shop is closed today so i have to wait till tomorrow to talk to them boo whoo :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts