Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i talk to this performance shop in town and i asked him about putting in 3.73's.. he said ford had a recall on some 8.8 rear ends houseing and he bought some off the dealer in town.. he said some of them have 3.73's in them.. the recall was about the housing not the gears.. he said he would sale me the gears for $75 and put them in for $325.. how dose this sound???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not much faith in used gears. They already have a wear pattern. We get them installed here in Central Tx for $200. Call around in your area.

·
Registered
328 Posts
good deal on the gears and a little high on the install but if you cant find it a better deal than go for it i paid 175 for my gears and 250 for the install so youll be doing a little better than me. the recall sounds like bs to me that didnt happen in any mustangs as far as i know

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I paid $200.00, for my 4.10, but the shop only charged me $230.00 for my install. I agree with tommyd04gt, used gears aren't a wise choice. Just buy a new FRPP gear you'll be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got used FRPP 3.73's and LSD (2000 miles on the set up when I bought them) for $80 and install was $175...no problems with them

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
13.7 would be my guess (with a 5 speed)

How much does he charge if you supply the gears and install kit? Does he know what he's doing? If he's good I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to know it's done right.
13.7 for a stock car with just gears???

our cars didnt come with that factory nitrous kit like the foxes and LS1's :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts