Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. This is my first post, but I'm a long time user of forums. Sorry if I'm skipping a few steps by posting right away. I have done a couple of searches but I can't seem to pinpoint what I'm looking for.

I have a 2008 Mustang GT, and I am currently looking into trading up to a Base '13 with the BBP, Recaros, and 3.73s.

My question is... Can I get the 3.73s optioned by themselves, or do I have to opt for the Track Package? I like the gear ratio, but I'm not sure if I want the Torsen diff or not. I like the idea of an upgraded radiator, but I most likely will not be auto-x'ing or tracking the car. I'm more of a 1/4 mile guy.

I'm trying to save money anywhere possible, and I can't seem to find the option for 3.73s by themselves on the Ford website ("build your own").

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can get them by themselves. I think upgrading to 3.55 or 3.73 is a stand alone $395 option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok awesome. I guess it's just not on the website then?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The website is almost worthless. Get a build sheet, it has everything you can and can't mix from the base V-6 up to the Boss. The GT500 has its own sheet.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Yes, as stated, it's a $395 option. And worth every dime. And if you're going to drag race any, steer clear of the Torsen. They don't like to be shocked on a start.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I will look for a build sheet.

Marc - that's kind of what I was thinking from what I've read on here.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
put some thought into what you want out of the car & how long you can wait to get it.

13 orders are finished, if you order now the car will come in the late spring as a 14 so if you want it now, you'll need to find one in dealer stock.

I was advised of this last week when I tried to order a 13 & then on monday a friend of mine that ordered a 13 2 weeks ago called to tell me the dealer had called him to let him know his order didn't process in time & the car would be built as a 14 with a may 2014 projected build date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh... very interesting. I just got off the phone with a salesman earlier today about ordering one and he only mentioned "the plant would be down 2 weeks for the holidays, so your car may not arrive for 4-8 weeks". I doubt he checked too seriously on placing a Mustang order, though.

I can definitely wait a bit to get it. I was hoping for Jan/Feb time frame, but late-Spring would be okay. If the '14s have any significant option come out, it may well be worth the wait. Like, Recaro rear seats. :naughty:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ I agree. Although, I'd molest the crap out of it at this point in my life. lol

Thanks for the links BHD. I wonder what the differences are in Oxford White vs. Performance White... Can't really tell much from pictures other than maybe Oxford is a bit brighter. Idk.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Ahhh... very interesting. I just got off the phone with a salesman earlier today about ordering one and he only mentioned "the plant would be down 2 weeks for the holidays, so your car may not arrive for 4-8 weeks". I doubt he checked too seriously on placing a Mustang order, though.

I can definitely wait a bit to get it. I was hoping for Jan/Feb time frame, but late-Spring would be okay. If the '14s have any significant option come out, it may well be worth the wait. Like, Recaro rear seats. :naughty:
Be ready to wait a long time .. I ordered July 29th, I didn't receive VIN until Oct 5th, they began building Oct 22nd, and it arrived at the dealership Nov 7th... I will never know what took so long for them to start my build. I was quoted 8-10 weeks max, but it went well over that. So far it's been worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Yeah, you didn't know? The helical gears in them don't like shock loads like drag racing does to them. They tend to shred after a few really hard launches. Whiskey can give more insight into the technicals. He is after all, a Super-Genius.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be ready to wait a long time .. I ordered July 29th, I didn't receive VIN until Oct 5th, they began building Oct 22nd, and it arrived at the dealership Nov 7th... I will never know what took so long for them to start my build. I was quoted 8-10 weeks max, but it went well over that. So far it's been worth the wait.
That's unfortunate. I'm going to shop around online and see if I can't find a '13 with the options I want (at least, to get it close... i.e. if it's not a base model, then I'll just not eat for a few months).

I wonder if there'll be any close-out deals on the '13s offered anytime soon. :dunno

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
That's unfortunate. I'm going to shop around online and see if I can't find a '13 with the options I want (at least, to get it close... i.e. if it's not a base model, then I'll just not eat for a few months).

I wonder if there'll be any close-out deals on the '13s offered anytime soon. :dunno
Rebate on 13 is $1500 I believe ( or at lest that's what it was a few weeks ago when I picked mine up). I've seen 12 models going for close to $5K off in rebates plus whatever your negotiating skills can accomplish. Eventually they will up the rebates in left over 13s to make room for 14 probably around March.

There was no car be built with my options so I was force to order which I didn't mind cause I was in no rush. Also took advantage of Ford X-Plan offer for employees.

I recommend going premium. It's worth it. Just don't eat for a few months and you won't regret it. Also the Recaro seats are badass in leather. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate my "pleather" style seats in the cold (as does my fiance - lol). So that was my reasoning for cloth. I've got the X-plan with my company, too, so I'll be toting that around baby if I can't get a better deal without it. Also base models weigh less, right? So they're faster, right? haha jk

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I hate my "pleather" style seats in the cold (as does my fiance - lol). So that was my reasoning for cloth. I've got the X-plan with my company, too, so I'll be toting that around baby if I can't get a better deal without it. Also base models weigh less, right? So they're faster, right? haha jk
X-Plan got me a lower price than I could negotiate, but doesn't hurt to try.

Also heated seats are only $650 in case you're interested in keeping your fiancé's butt toasty! ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts