Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a ring gear bolt come out the cover and trashed the rear end. i had 4.10's in it, those things were the worse things i could of ever done! the 3.73's feel a whole hell of a lot better! i went against my instinct and got talked into the 4.10's, i wont ever go against it again. the pinion gear was trashed unfortunatly, they were supposed to go into doc's mach. oh well, **** happens.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i had a ring gear bolt come out the cover and trashed the rear end. i had 4.10's in it, those things were the worse things i could of ever done! the 3.73's feel a whole hell of a lot better! i went against my instinct and got talked into the 4.10's, i wont ever go against it again. the pinion gear was trashed unfortunatly, they were supposed to go into doc's mach. oh well, **** happens.
more power the less gear,,but watch your 60 foot time..I have 390s for now..your car run good

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
So for someone who is looking to buy gears tommorow, you would say go with the 3.73's?

I plan on full bolt-ons w/ cams. (VT stage II n/a) No FI. Should I go with 3.73's?

·
Registered
638 Posts
So for someone who is looking to buy gears tommorow, you would say go with the 3.73's?

I plan on full bolt-ons w/ cams. (VT stage II n/a) No FI. Should I go with 3.73's?
yes you'll be happy i promise. I have heard more people complain about 410's being too much than 373's not being enough.

congrats sweet2k

·
Registered
922 Posts
learn 2 drive. 410 > 373

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
learn 2 drive. 410 > 373
learn to drive? come on down and i will show you how to drive! dont talk **** to people that know what the **** they are doing. too much gear for the track. only an idiot would run a car thru the traps on nitrous bouncing rev limiter.

if you stay n/a, go with the 4.10. with a power adder, i suggest 3.73's.

·
Registered
922 Posts
learn to drive? come on down and i will show you how to drive! dont talk **** to people that know what the **** they are doing. too much gear for the track. only an idiot would run a car thru the traps on nitrous bouncing rev limiter.

if you stay n/a, go with the 4.10. with a power adder, i suggest 3.73's.

N/A, centrigual 4.10. Roots, P/D 373

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
learn 2 drive. 410 > 373

I agree come on down. You will learn a thing or 2.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
sounds like you enjoy how you can get more out of first gear

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
oh yeah. bout to go to the track for last time before the tear down.
I would think you would be able to hook better with the 3.73's when spraying. Deffinitely let us know your times you run with them :)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will do along with pics and video. me and doc are going in the morning to swap out n2o tanks, and refill our bottles. if the weekend works out, me doc, workinprogress, mach boy, and a couple other friends will hit the track next saturday. i think a couple of us might go back on the 29th to let our girls race against each other. after that, off to the dyno, then tear down!

·
Registered
927 Posts
are they better in the street as well ?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats a personall opinion i think. l think they are a little more forgiving, but the 4.10's were a lot of fun. just running around, i think i will have to say 4.10's.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've ran 11.55 @ 118 with my 4.10's on a 150 shot.:D Does anyone think I would actually run faster with 3.73's? A big part of why my car performs is the launch.....something I'd be giving up with the 3.73's. So I totally disagree on swapping the gears........please discuss:yes

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
are you going to 5th with the 4.10's? when i went to 4.10's, my 60 and 1/8 were slower.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts