Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do people prefer 3.73's for a manual opposed to the 4.10's? i know theres a like for a gear calculator floating around too anyone know what the link is?

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
first gear is really short for the 5speed compared to the auto

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
for a DD 3.73's just seem more logical...unless you really hate your first gear and dont like being in it then 4.10's FTW haha

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Gears are just a torque multiplyer. If you have alot of torque you dont need the gearing

For your 6 cyliner cars I would recomend 4.10s for everything includeing manuals

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek: lol i feel like a tard now... its the 3rd one down... thanks anyways, must be all this late night homework getting to me.

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
it happens haha..gotta love them stickies tho..and to show how helpful the site is people still try to help knowing theres a million threads already like it :D

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Gears are just a torque multiplyer. If you have alot of torque you dont need the gearing

For your 6 cyliner cars I would recomend 4.10s for everything includeing manuals
I wouldn't... I would recommend them for the new edges and the auto SN rounds... for the SN rounds that are manual you will want 3.73s cause first will just be to short

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i have an sn95 with 4.10's and ****ing love em.

u need the extra oomph with the extra 100lb in her ass

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Na I disagre :D
... dude look at my sticky... something about shifting at redline at 20 mph in first just doesn't sound fun... and i believe that it tops out at 95 mph or something like that...

i can't handle that i need less gear

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
... dude look at my sticky... something about shifting at redline at 20 mph in first just doesn't sound fun... and i believe that it tops out at 95 mph or something like that...

i can't handle that i need less gear
r u ****ing whacked........

5 spds top out at 158 and auto's top out at 120 or 130 with 4.10s

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
r u ****ing whacked........

5 spds top out at 158 and auto's top out at 120 or 130 with 4.10s
Fagtop... the single port red lines at 4.3k rpms ... i don't have as much room as you do... look at the sticky i already did all the math

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
there ya go... first sane idea in this thread

some companies will rebuild the T5 for you and depending on how much money you have... you can have your final drive lowered about 2 to 5 hundredths

1 - 20 of 23 Posts