Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am not actually an owner of a mustang yet but i have a few questions.

Okay so someone is willing to sell me his 1995 3.8L mustang for $500, the problem is it has a cracked A-Fram, i was wondering how much it would cost to repair this problem and if it is a worthwhile deal?

Also, if i purchase it are there any parts recommended and how much do they cost to raise the BHP of it?

Thanks guys

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
get ready to own the slowest v6 ford has made and dropped in a stang...i don't see it being a good deal unless you just really want a stang...although i'd say keep looking

·
Registered
615 Posts
Don't do it. If the A frames cracked then I can only imagine what else is screwed up.

And you'd be wasting your money trying to fix a problem that'd cost more than the car.

You definetly shouldn't be dropping money into this car, you can find a decent v6 or gt for about 5k. with terrible credit you could more than likely get one for reasonable payments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your advice guys, hes willing to take $300 for it and i took it in and had it inspected and found out its gunna cost about $400 to repair the A-frame, I think im going to buy it, does anybody have any pics of their projects that i could use for some ideas and insperation?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Thanks for your advice guys, hes willing to take $300 for it and i took it in and had it inspected and found out its gunna cost about $400 to repair the A-frame, I think im going to buy it, does anybody have any pics of their projects that i could use for some ideas and insperation?
while you're in there see if the place will do a split port swap on the engine...or drop in a v8...

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Am I the only one thinking of buying that for 500 and selling the engine, tranny, frame, and everything else? Just part it out and flip it for a profit. Once you do that you can probably get a 99-04.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Am I the only one thinking of buying that for 500 and selling the engine, tranny, frame, and everything else? Just part it out and flip it for a profit. Once you do that you can probably get a 99-04.

I know what you mean Ted, couple ford 3.8L engines probably pull a premium one week before race wars....:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
477 Posts
is that your 1/4 mile time in your sig? if so i stick to my first statement :D

i do say that it's cool you got a v6 into stock GT range though
:p

thanx, i could off probably made it to high 13's if **** didnt keep on happening....also it had dirty ass lag, didnt see boost until 3400k

1 - 20 of 20 Posts