Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 3.8L v6, I also have a completely rebuilt 5.0L motor my question is can I use the transmission from the 3.8L with the 5.0L motor? Also it is just the motor so if I do the swap what else will I need to do the swap completely and correctly? Know anyone who has? Any comments or tips or anything Is helpful

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have a 2002 3.8L v6, I also have a completely rebuilt 5.0L motor my question is can I use the transmission from the 3.8L with the 5.0L motor? Also it is just the motor so if I do the swap what else will I need to do the swap completely and correctly? Know anyone who has? Any comments or tips or anything Is helpful
its been done before, search around on google there may be a writeup.

im pretty sure your going to need the k member from a 94-95 GT in order for the 5.0 to bolt up.

im also not sure what your going to have to do about the computer. im sure if you went carb'd instead of EFI it would be alot easier.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
is your 3.8 manual?

im sure if you got a 5.0 bellhousing for your T5 then you should be able to get your T5 to work, im sure theres alot more into making that work though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts