Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taking 3.8 out of my 97 wanting to put 87 efi 5.0 in what or will i have to change any mounts, i know the ecu gotta b changed out but will a 95 ecu work if its an auto with a 5.o?? and will headers for a 95 mustang 5.o work in my 97

·
Registered
2 Posts
just need to get a gt or cobra buy the time u spend the money to make the swap its going to cost . and a lot of the time something won;t work right i no. whent from 94.3.8 to 97 4.6 happy now.i thank u sould make abad ass 3.8 turbo or nos or suppercharge if you have the funds. i dont no why u guys whant to swap. just make problems. take the 3.8 and make it go faster then hell man thank its all in the eyes of the beholder3.8 can be strait

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes it will work but its not going to be right because all the fuel lines are on the wrong side and the computer is newer so its going to be a mess. if u have a 87 5.0 engine then just find a 87 mustang body. its going to be cheaper then makeing the swap. like i said if u wont to make a swap try getting the same year engines on the car will be alot better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts