Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a set of underdrive pulleys, and can't seem to find any for the 3.8l v6.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Save your money and buy something else.

I looked into UD pulleys and the general consensus is they aren't worth the money.

I found some at summit racing not to long ago. Also check American Muscle and Maybe a place like SuperSixmotorsports.com

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
because hes got the same blueprint as me

listed mods on this vid

Zex wet kit 46/30 jets
Mac Longtubes
2.5" offroad exhaust
asp 25% udp
CAI
VMPTuning Dyno Tune
8.8 Rear end 3.73 gears
Lower control arms
Eibach prokit
WEld Prostars 26x8.5" Et Drags

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
questionable
To me 25% isnt much. Cause im sure just normal driving your battery isnt just being sucked to nothing unless your headlights are on. If your wanting power you'll turn off your AC... so 25% of alt, and water pump, and power steering which you wont use in a drag either ... so im sure its not much ... will probably be best for low end power IMO

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah UDPs are not worth the money, the only good use I could see is running them with an m112 to bring your boost down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
smaller pulley means more boost. But I understand your logic, you cant get bigger than the stock m112 blower pulley, only smaller, so using a UDP will bring the stock boost on a v6 down from around 10-11 psi to 7-8psi with a 25% UDP bulley kit.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
its not worth it. Save the 200 or 150 and save for something else

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just recieved my ASP 25% underdrive pulley and belt from Stangmods. Got it in 3 days.

I am waiting for my email tune from VMP for the car, and I will have a windstar intake by mid summer.

If I wasn't doing the other parts and my crank seal wasnt starting to leak, I wouldnt have done the pulley, not first anyway. Tuner, or windstar would be my suggestions first.

Side note, Im excited to see what the car is like when all of these are installed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts