Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car looks amazing, what kind of wax do you use? Did you buff it or just wax it
It was cut and buffed and polished a few months ago. The wax I use is Meguiar's NXT 2.0. It's by far the best wax I have used so far. My advice is, wax the car once a month at the least, and it will start to shine more and more as you keep it up.

very clean bro
Thanks. :D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i have the wax you used... maybe ill need to slap on 3 coats of it next time i wax my car... :D
actually, correct me if im wrong, but i feel like ive heard that too much wax isnt a good thing.... i think i read that in the detailing forum once, but idk. haha
anyway, the car looks really good

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
NXT 2.0 is not really a wax at all its a sealant which if you guys know provides longer lasting protection than a carnauba wax does. Nice job on the calipers (what kit did you use) and your GT looks nice man.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
NXT 2.0 is a pretty darn good OTC sealant. Looks good.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
nxt 2.0 is good....but i really stopped buying OTC stuff unless it's for my families cars and they could care less what goes on it

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
more then 2 coats really isnt adding much..2 coats is mainly to get full coverage on the the car that you may have missed the first time..but after that its not really adding anything.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It looks great! However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. NXT and #21 both have light cleaning capabilities. So after one application with full coverage of NXT, adding another layer is doing nothing, the next layer is actually just removing the previous layer. None the less sealants take generally hours to cure, 6-24 hours, before a carnuba can be applied ontop.

more then 2 coats really isnt adding much..2 coats is mainly to get full coverage on the the car that you may have missed the first time..but after that its not really adding anything.
I agree to a degree, certainly is the case with sealants. However with some boutique waxes they are meant to be layered and will provide better results layered.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Any example of waxes that are suppose to be layered id like to try one
Paint correction is always key to bring out maximum gloss and depth to a finish. I would suggested it to be done first before investing in a quality carnauba...but if you are not up for it you can still purchase one its your choice. Here are a few on the top of my head.

Victory Red, Raceglaze 55, Rubbishboys OE, Swissvax Concorso, Zymol Concours, Chemical Guys Ezyme, Swissvax Insignis V2, Adams Americana,

Most can be found here and the nice thing is Phil the owner of DD is one of our vendors so you get a discount

http://detailersdomain.com/

or here

Products - Autowerkes Exclusive

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
What about AG HD?
You can but I wouldn't go over 2 coats with it, it wont really do anything for you (looks wise no, protection wise yes) since its not a high carnauba volume wax its hybrid wax meaning its a sealant and a carnauba in one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts