Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans right now is either gona be a 408 and hopefully a vortech intercooled 408 so i am gona need to flow max air........i was plannin on BBK long tubes with 1and 3/4 primaries but i havent been seeing 3 inch H pipes......it seems like i mostly see 2 and 1/2......and good setups that you guys have in mind for this

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've got the BBK ceramic 1 3/4"s for my 408 and was on the fence as far as 2 1/2" or 3" exhaust as well. I have pieces for both (don't ask me why) but I'm leaning towards 3". It might be too much out of the gate--but I don't think it'll hurt me THAT much. That way when my NA 408 becomes a blown 408 I won't have to worry about that being the proberbial cork.

As far as setup goes, I plan on using a Dr. Gas 3" x-pipe, Dynomax Ultra Flow or Magnaflow mufflers, and the Flowmaster 3" tailpipes I already have.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i've got flowmasters 3 inch exhaust on my 351 and it seems to work great for me, it'll be perfect for your 408, btw it's pretty loud and won't pass inspection just a lil fyi

here's what it sounds like ( the quality isn't the greatest , shot it with a digital camera )
btw the ticking isn't an exhaust leak , it's the valves needing adjusting

http://www.youtube.com/v/HcD354133Ac&rel=1

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dont have emissions to pass so i aint worried about that......but where can i get a good 3 inch h pipe

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
not emissions, it won't pass because of the noise, mine failed because the db was too high

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'd use an "X" pipe configuration instead, better flow and scavenging. I used Summit's 3" universal kit. It's fairly adjustable and as long as you have moderate fabricating skills it's pretty easy. It fit my Fox platform very nicely using Hooker Super Comp long tube headers. I did modify my crossmember slightly to facilitate easier installation.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know if i cud pull that off with the whole fabication thing......i wud much rather find an h pipe that was just bolt on and 3 inch and for longtubes.....and of course i will have to get headers with 3in collectors

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why is that so expenive.....and i wud think more companies would have 3in exhaust components than thistletle

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i cant believe its this hard to get the exact exhaust system.....is it so much to ask for full length headers with 3 in collectors slip fit....with a 3 in h pipe or i would even settle for an x pipe...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts