Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the mac cat back and its avaible in 3 inch tubing and 2.5 tubing. if i bought headers and custom x pipe all 3 inch tubing through 3 inch catback. will there be better gains? would the sound be deeper? and will it fit with a panhard bar or watts link? thanks guys

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
You'll be fine w/ 2.5". I wouldn't spend the extra $50 (or whatever it is). Not worth it unless you have a decent amount of boost IMO.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
what are your long term plans? if there is a blower in your future then you might want to consider the 3". if not get the 2.5", because honestly, 3" is too much for your car N/A.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
what are your long term plans? if there is a blower in your future then you might want to consider the 3". if not get the 2.5", because honestly, 3" is too much for your car N/A.
Yep.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
you need some back pressure unless your boosting and with a 3" exhaust your gonna lose too much pressure.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Mac makes 3" cat backs but no 3" lt's unless you cut the ball flange off the collector. Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you need some back pressure unless your boosting and with a 3" exhaust your gonna lose too much pressure.
Will it hurt my car if i don't boost it for a few years?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
It's probably not going to hurt your car a ton. I mean if you never planned on going FI and you wanted to squeeze all the N/A hp you could out of your motor, then you'd be better off getting 2.5" exhaust. I'd say as long as you can find headers with a 3" collector and a 3" midpipe and you're serious about getting boost in the future then go with the 3" exhaust.

Just remember though, even if a company makes a header for 3" exhaust now, they may not still make them when you need them.

And as far as the rear suspension goes, you can't use any kind of tailpipes with a watts link that I know of. You'd more than likely be able to use a panhard bar though, they're simpler than a watts link. Call MM to make sure though (and I would suggest only using MM, or Griggs if you have the money, for your rear suspension needs)
888-378-8830
805-544-8747 (local)
MM

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i think it will sound good i think you be one of the firsts here with that set up... but my slp lm1 piping is 2.5" at least thats what i remember and i think it sounds great... id get it in 2.5 i think you be happy with them but like you said your going fi in the future so its your call

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
2.5 o/r and cat backs sound phenomenal. Of course that is under boost as well....but nonetheless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts