Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three people were injured-- one critically-- on Friday when a gunman armed with an AK-47 and knife opened fire on a high-speed train that originated in Amsterdam and was headed to Paris.

The suspected gunman was overpowered by off-duty U.S. soldiers when the train stopped in the northern French city of Arras, La Voix du Nord reported. He was later arrested.

The victims were identified as an American, a Briton and a Frenchman. Earlier reports said two American service members were among the injured.

"The situation is under control, the travellers are safe. The train stopped and the emergency services are on site"

- Thalys, the train operator, on Twitter
"The situation is under control, the travellers are safe. The train stopped and the emergency services are on site," Thalys, the train operator, tweeted.

Two of the victims were considered to be seriously injured, the French state rail company SNCF said, according to the AFP. Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve is on his way to the scene. Passengers were evacuated and police have secured the area.

The identity of the gunman and the motivation for the attack is unknown, officials said.

3 injured on Paris-bound train after gunman armed with AK-47 opens fire | Fox News

People just ****ing suck.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Very ****ed. Its a question of nature vs nurture.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I read unarmed Marines stopped him. Good men!

Reactions: RunninOn6

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Three people were injured-- one critically-- on Friday when a gunman armed with an AK-47 and knife opened fire on a high-speed train that originated in Amsterdam and was headed to Paris.

The suspected gunman was overpowered by off-duty U.S. soldiers when the train stopped in the northern French city of Arras, La Voix du Nord reported. He was later arrested.

The victims were identified as an American, a Briton and a Frenchman. Earlier reports said two American service members were among the injured.

"The situation is under control, the travellers are safe. The train stopped and the emergency services are on site"

- Thalys, the train operator, on Twitter
"The situation is under control, the travellers are safe. The train stopped and the emergency services are on site," Thalys, the train operator, tweeted.

Two of the victims were considered to be seriously injured, the French state rail company SNCF said, according to the AFP. Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve is on his way to the scene. Passengers were evacuated and police have secured the area.

The identity of the gunman and the motivation for the attack is unknown, officials said.

3 injured on Paris-bound train after gunman armed with AK-47 opens fire | Fox News

People just ****ing suck.
Marines, not soldiers. We take pride in that ****. I know most Americans don't know the difference, but this is why I'm telling you.

With that said, it's sad that it happened, but thank goodness for U.S. Marines.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
I read unarmed Marines stopped him. Good men!
Marines, not soldiers. We take pride in that ****. I know most Americans don't know the difference, but this is why I'm telling you.

With that said, it's sad that it happened, but thank goodness for U.S. Marines.
They said they heard someone loading an AK in the bathroom. It's crazy to think they knew exactly what was going on before they even saw them. That's some damn good training.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Looks like it was an Airman , and National Gaurd member and their friend . Spencer Stone Airman 1st Class, a National Gaurdsman Alek Skarlatos and the other guy name is Anthony Sadler that brought this guy down in this train car. Reports say 1st the gunman was in a different train car and overpowerd a Frenchman and then ran to their train car and they took action. Three Americans and 1 Brit.

Reactions: Nasty
1 - 8 of 8 Posts