Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing alot of reading lately and have been going back in forth on whether to try and squeeze 325hp out of my NA 302, or just put a ls1 in it. The couple people that i've talked to are running 12.0's-11.90's with a stock ls1 and i think they make about 325. To me it doesn't seem as if i had a 302 with the same power it would be as fast. My logic may be off but what should i do? If i keep the 302 what do i have to do to get the power i want and whats the damage price wise?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LS1 FTMFW!!!!!.....i have been looking into this swap also every since my roommate got his ws6....the more i read about these motors the more i love them....you could probly make close to 450 hp to the wheels with the stock heads on an ls1...not to mention you wud have a fully aluminum motor outa the deal....i think it would be fairly easy to go tens NA with stock heads

·
Registered
370 Posts
ls1 in a fox? why not just buy a camaro?

buy a ford motor IMO.

·
Registered
519 Posts
a GOOD h/c/i would get you there

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
dont even start the "buy a camaro" bullshit, its an awesome engine in an awesome car. why use the lsx? because ford doesn't have anything new to compare to it. do what YOU want and dont worry about the crowd that you will be sure to have thats going to scream and cry bloody murder, because you would prbly stomp most of them

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
LS1 will be faster in your fox than the 302 given the same power - it's significantly lighter.

I don't like the concept of putting the Chevy motor in a Mustang, but you can't argue with the results.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ah indeed..... What about throwing an aluminator block with a kenne bell blowzilla in a foxbody and let her fly? I think that would be more appropriate/ dope

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Ah indeed..... What about throwing an aluminator block with a kenne bell blowzilla in a foxbody and let her fly? I think that would be more appropriate/ dope
Well, the aluminator is a mod motor block, so you'd be going through all the motions of swapping to a 4.6.

There was a company that made aluminum 302 blocks, but since the 5.0 cammer came out, I can't find 'em anymore 'cause every search for "aluminum 5.0 block" finds the mod motor! They were NOT cheap, either. I want to say somewhere between $3-5k for the bare block.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, the aluminator is a mod motor block, so you'd be going through all the motions of swapping to a 4.6.

There was a company that made aluminum 302 blocks, but since the 5.0 cammer came out, I can't find 'em anymore 'cause every search for "aluminum 5.0 block" finds the mod motor! They were NOT cheap, either. I want to say somewhere between $3-5k for the bare block.

Good lord thats pretty pricey! Well, how much fab work and all that is involved with an ls1 swap?

·
Registered
231 Posts
More than a mod motor swap - you can buy a k-member to bolt the mod motor in, not sure about the wiring, though.

That's pretty interesting. Personally, I dont think I could bring myself to put a chevy motor in a ford frame, even if it would be sick nasty :D

What would be dope is to put an ls1 in an rx7 :3gears

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
That's pretty interesting. Personally, I dont think I could bring myself to put a chevy motor in a ford frame, even if it would be sick nasty :D

What would be dope is to put an ls1 in an rx7 :3gears
That's done fairly often. I've seen at least one FD with an LS7, too.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts