Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am just curious if it possible to make a v6 mustang motor be at 300 rwhp with only being naturally aspirated. I am just curious if anyone has. ON pump gas preferably too. Cuz I know that the 10sec six one is like 275 but that has an auto so you would gain a couple from a manual. And is there anything else you could do to get it to 300rwhp.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yea definitely not 300 rwhp. I think you could get somewhere close to 300 bhp with an N/A engine though. I know people who have hit around 240rwhp with full bolt ons, porting and a cam. I'd say you could get there with the best port job you could get on everything, a windstar or f-150 intake manifold, full bolt ons, and a cam with all the valvetrain goodies. And a stroker kit, not that it increases horsepower a ton, but you'll have some more torque. And its going to cost you a bit...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I made 242rwhp with a mild cam, and lightly ported heads & intakes on a 3.8.
So with the right parts and properly assembled it is possible.

·
Registered
990 Posts
maybe if i put some stickers on :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was really just curious. I mean I would really like to see someone take it to that level. I am hoping to and am slowly working my way there. I got gears coming, I am looking to get a windstar intake. And slowly that is my goal. I would like to find a professional porter to send the heads and intake too. I mean I know it would be easier to do it with a turbo or s/c but the satisfaction of driving a na 300rwhp sixer would be sweet. I guess I will get back to you in a couple of years here. Im just going to school and slowly assembling parts. I would like to get a 4.3 stroker with a radical cam, and some higher compression heads and some crazy porting to see what the v6 is really capable of.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
300rwhp n/a will not happen...

Unless:

We get aftermarket heads like stangcharger said. Or you try and run some ridiculous compression ratio with race gas, get your heads cnc ported and polished, with the super expensive 2.02/1.94 fererra (sp?) valves, get a perfect cam spec, full bolts ons, udp, all that and a great tune.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
No way, not even close. Gt's cant even make it to 300 whp without full bolt ons and a good set of cams.
:rolleyes: you fail

so do many threads. ITS beyond EASILY possible to hit 300whp all motor.
On pump gas probably not happening

and theres no 10second v6 mustang n/a he runs 11.8s on motor and 10s on bottle (125shot) made 260rwhp and extremely similar torque.

THERES SO many ideas UN-USED. I can garuntee you with enough money I could build you a 350rwhp all motor V6. EASILY TOO!

if 4cylinders are making 354whp all motor you must be nuts to think a V6 cant

so many things havent even been attempted on these cars
a v6 with individual throttle bodys has incredible potiential. your first fuel rail then a secondary above the velocity stacks cools down the incoming are the stack and tube and generates more power. high compression with Q16 not the baby C16 stuff. 4.3L stroker with a well specs big cam and some worked heads. then just a manual t5 tranny and 7.5 rear.

someone made 260whp with just a windstar intake, mild cam, a C4!!! and pump gas. just switching to race gas and a manual tranny you'd see your 300whp goal...
now will you run 11.8s lol;)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to make the split port into a single port head intake by combining the two intakes. I know you would have to design a new upper and lower intake...probablly a custom peice custom intake and custom head and intake gaskets. I do like the idea about individual tb's.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to make the split port into a single port head intake by combining the two intakes. I know you would have to design a new upper and lower intake...probablly a custom peice custom intake and custom head and intake gaskets. I do like the idea about individual tb's.
If you check out Hogans Racing manifolds they could design an upper and lower setup w/ITBs
your going to spend $2700+ on it but it'll run good.

I'm trying to find the vid of the 354whp n/a civic

·
Registered
811 Posts
hmm well it would certainly be neat to see something around 750HP. with FI of coarse. whats your highest soo far? i know you had it pretty high for a while didn't you?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
hmm well it would certainly be neat to see something around 750HP. with FI of coarse. whats your highest soo far? i know you had it pretty high for a while didn't you?
i only was making 500whp (497rwhp to be exact.)
that was pump gas and an older setup

Next numbers will be close to something you wana see.
unless i find a supercoupe motor i'll try for about 550 on that motor

1 - 20 of 105 Posts