Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i just wanted to know if it is possible to reach 300hp without doing major work like FI, cams, heads, etc. What is the best and most legit way to reach 300hp?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
maybe at the crank with full bolt ons and tune, not at the rear wheels

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Eh... I don't know man...maybe with a really good tune a none ragged motor... LT headers mid pipe a good cat back good set of under drive pulleys after market plenum and a 70mm throttle body maybe even leave it stock and a good cold air intake... That's all I can think of I'm sure there's more tricks you can do I just can't think of

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
and a trickflow intake wouldnt hurt since your flowing more out

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
On 2nd thought..I don't see it..f8lgt has quite a few bolt ons...and isn't even close

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i doubt it look at my mods and i still not close to 300 rwhp i almost have every bolt on excluding UPD's and gears < which dont make any difference in hp just on acceleration

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You wont acheive it unless you do cams. I find it hard to try and get 300rwhp with out at least doing cams

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hey there you are f8l I was just talking bout you lol...see OP check his sig

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you wont get near 300 without cams!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
What are you pushing danny boy?
not too sure because i havent dynoed it out yet, but i know its not 300 rwhp but im guessing maybe 265-270 rwhp and around 300 for torque if im lucky. I still need to do this the local mustang performance shop THR is going to give me 3 passes along with 3 SCT custom tunes for my stang for $100 since i bought the tuner from them. I just need to raise the cash to do it but right now my concern is my rear spoiler its oxidizing and looks bad i need to re-paint it or find some one who is willing to trade me and who will take some cash on top of the trade.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
some people still dont even with cams!

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
not too sure because i havent dynoed it out yet, but i know its not 300 rwhp but im guessing maybe 265-270 rwhp and around 300 for torque if im lucky. I still need to do this the local mustang performance shop THR is going to give me 3 passes along with 3 SCT custom tunes for my stang for $100 since i bought the tuner from them. I just need to raise the cash to do it but right now my concern is my rear spoiler its oxidizing and looks bad i need to re-paint it or find some one who is willing to trade me and who will take some cash on top of the trade.
I have a white oem one off an 04 if youre interested in it :dunno.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ur not going to be able to get close without ATLEAST cams.. some ppl still dont hit 300 with cams.. head work cams and longtubes and you should be good to go..

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
if you would have had an LS1 camaro/trans am then you could get close to 400rwhp with just a cam swap and headers prolly!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^^ yes sir.. but the cams for them i believe cost a good chunk.. dont quote me on that tho

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you can get the cams themselves cheaper than that though.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts