Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..
I am going to be pulling my 302 and T5 out this weekend with my friend.. It will be my first motor swap, while actually trying to salvage stuff, so I need to do a good job of course.. Now, something I was curious about is prepping the tranny for removal, and an easy way to get to motor mounts.. I know I need to pull driveshaft. but I am assuming I need to drain tranny also, my drain plug has a 3/8th Socket drive as the head on it and I didn't know if yall had a trick to removing stubborn bolts like this, cause I feel like im stripping it..

Also, I know I got all the connections off of the motor and all motor/coolant fluilds out, now I need to get the headers off.. They're some weird ass bolt I have never seen, I am assuming a Hex head or maybe a large Alen wrench? Someone have similar bolts and answer to this?

Now for the fun part, Motor mounts.. Is there any easy way to unbolt the motor mounts right before we pull motor? Or do I have to nut-up and shutup and just get down to em from top side? Note:Car's fenders, bumper, and hood are already off. Still have Plastic Fender Wells on..

Please help my noobie self out:)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Trans will just leak fluid out of the tailshaft if you tip it downward if it isn't drained. I never drain them. Just put a plastic bag over the end and rubberband it. Header bolts probably are allen heads from the way it sounds, and lastly, just remove the huts for the motor mounts from underneath the car. You can leave the mounts bolted to the block. Way easier. Just one nut per side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trans will just leak fluid out of the tailshaft if you tip it downward if it isn't drained. I never drain them. Just put a plastic bag over the end and rubberband it. Header bolts probably are allen heads from the way it sounds, and lastly, just remove the huts for the motor mounts from underneath the car. You can leave the mounts bolted to the block. Way easier. Just one nut per side.
Thanks man! I'll come back to you if I have anymore questions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts