·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get a 5.0 302 for 300 would it be worth it to build and put in my 99

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
nope... unless you want a carberated motor... and just a 302 is really a waste of time if you wanna way you need to go bigger

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its carbed its worth it though
if not what would be able to be put in my car

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...anyone...

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you want to get into a project like that it would be much easier to do a 5.4 swap than go to a pushrod 302.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
just do a 5.4 swap with maybe a stroker and have killer power... even boost it for way more

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
the stroker 5.4 have alot of problems you can stay modular and do a 302 stroker kit on your motor now.. the stroker kit cost about 2500 bucks all you gotta do it get the other stuff your gonna need. injectors, hi flow oil pump, and electric water pump

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes but its cheaper to mod a 5.0 than a 4.6

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
if you are that set on doing it why ask for peoples opinions....the pushrods suck compared to the 4.6....yes they are cheaper...but why would u take a perfectly good 4.6 and replace it with something that is outdated....

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
yeah thats true^^^^^^^^^^^^... dude its up to you.. your money we can just suggest ya know....

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
well im not suggesting to stay with the 4.6 im telling you to stay with it lmao...just kidding dude...do whatever your little heart wants....

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
yes but its cheaper to mod a 5.0 than a 4.6

Cheaper if its in a fox, not cheaper initialy to put in a modular equipped car. Stick with the 4.6 man. Unleeesssss you intend to build the 5.0 and go all out with the swap then I say go for it. But swapping in a basic 5.0 in place of a 4.6 is not worth it man.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well im looking for a way to make power for cheap im posting on here to get oppinions and see a 5.4 cost to much and expensive to mod but a push rod 5.0 is cheap to modand i can get one for 300 and just take my time to build it i mean would you guys think its worth it

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the stroker 5.4 have alot of problems you can stay modular and do a 302 stroker kit on your motor now.. the stroker kit cost about 2500 bucks all you gotta do it get the other stuff your gonna need. injectors, hi flow oil pump, and electric water pump

:wtfstroker 5.4, stay modular? the 5.4 is modular.the 4.6 has a long stroke as it is, if money isnt a primary concern find an aluminum block and do a big bore. make it a 302 that way and keep the stock long ass stroke. as far as worth it, that all personal.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
liike doc said...unless you are going balls out and making a 500rwhp+ car...yes its worth it....but if ur not doing that and want to make a "fun street car" then its not really worth it....

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
well im looking for a way to make power for cheap im posting on here to get oppinions and see a 5.4 cost to much and expensive to mod but a push rod 5.0 is cheap to modand i can get one for 300 and just take my time to build it i mean would you guys think its worth it

Like I said, it sounds cheap but look at the cost to put it in and make it work. You will spend less money modding your 4.6 than you will just putting the 5.0 in and getting it to run right.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well what about a 351 or bigger

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
My b.f's 302 in his 68 runs around 12's i think. not sure anymore. its fairly quick
im not sure the details of it. I know its modded I just dont remember with what .Its not heavily modded

1 - 20 of 24 Posts