Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid questions;

1 - Does it go tapered end up?
2 - Is the washer thing suppose to go between the pump and block? ie if you put a new shaft on, you need to take the oil pump off?

Ta. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
stupid questions;

1 - Does it go tapered end up?
2 - Is the washer thing suppose to go between the pump and block? ie if you put a new shaft on, you need to take the oil pump off?

1. Tapered end goes "UP", fits in to the distributor shaft end (same end as the "washer" is on)
2. When you install the shaft, you slide the shaft up from the bottom of the motor in to the hole where the distributor locates (washer end). Then you slip the other end into the oil pump and install the pump. The washer on the upper end is there so when you pull the distributor "out", it will not lift the shaft up and therefore allow it to fall out of the oil pump.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Tapered end goes "UP", fits in to the distributor shaft end (same end as the "washer" is on)
2. When you install the shaft, you slide the shaft up from the bottom of the motor in to the hole where the distributor locates (washer end). Then you slip the other end into the oil pump and install the pump. The washer on the upper end is there so when you pull the distributor "out", it will not lift the shaft up and therefore allow it to fall out of the oil pump.
That's what I thought.

I take it without the washer there's no problem unless the shaft isn't lined up, or you take the dizzy out and drop it into the sump?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's what I thought.

I take it without the washer there's no problem unless the shaft isn't lined up, or you take the dizzy out and drop it into the sump?

You got it !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts