Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car to the shop Friday to get the air/fuel ratio right, so they ran 3 pulls, best of three was 284.74 rwhp and 321.17 rwtq. Not to bad I don't guess, I'm only running 8.89:1 cr, I built the engine for a s/c so that's the reason for low compression. They figured after the s/c install I could probably get 425-450 rwhp. Check out my garage and offer any suggestions to get more power to the ground.

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
thats pretty good with your mods and with the compression. Is this an AOD or manual car?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
371 Posts
nice, i hope to be around 280 rwhp this summer, i doubt ill have money to dyno it though

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, i hope to be around 280 rwhp this summer, i doubt ill have money to dyno it though
I received 3 pulls for $75, a dang good deal I beleive.

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Oh, wow, I never thought to ask you what your C/R was. Those numbers are pretty damn good for that low of a ratio. That car should scream with a blower on it.

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
take it all out and clean your engine bay!

I cant say much, mine is just as bad. lol

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Switch that intake piping out to an in fender CAI. You should notice a difference. Right now you're just sucking in hot air from the engine bay.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Lookin good Shurb, did you ever get all the idle issues worked out of it?

Your setup is pretty similar to ours. We just got our Procharger in this week. Going to be a few weeks before the rest of our stuff comes in though. Need to get the trans/clutch in before we do anything.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lookin good Shurb, did you ever get all the idle issues worked out of it?

Your setup is pretty similar to ours. We just got our Procharger in this week. Going to be a few weeks before the rest of our stuff comes in though. Need to get the trans/clutch in before we do anything.
Come to tind out I had the wrong MAF on it, I purchased one off ebay that was listed for 87-93, come to find out it was for 94-95 thats why you see the C&L on there now. Once it was swaped out and the fuel pressure raised to 38 it ran good at idle, even a little lope to it. My girlfriend LOVES it!!! Where and how much did you get it for? that's the brand I'm loking to purchase.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
take it all out and clean your engine bay!

I cant say much, mine is just as bad. lol
Can you beleive I did, when the engine was out I washed it down and painted the more open areas, but as far as what you can see, I didn't want to move, relocate wiring harnesses, too much trouble, I wanted to get her on the road!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
cause u get rid of your clutch fan so your engine doesnt work so hard and frees up like 15-20 hp. and the 3.8L TAURAS/LTD/COUGAR electric fan is a 2 stage fan that pulls 2200 and almost 4000 cfm and u can get one out of a junkyard for $20-30

·
Registered
371 Posts
cause u get rid of your clutch fan so your engine doesnt work so hard and frees up like 15-20 hp. and the 3.8L TAURAS/LTD/COUGAR electric fan is a 2 stage fan that pulls 2200 and almost 4000 cfm and u can get one out of a junkyard for $20-30

how much wheel hp

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I definitly be looking for one Monday. Thanks for the info!!!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts