Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im thinking about building a 306 with the following mods ported gt40p heads, ported gt40 intake, tfs1cam, 24 lb injectors, calibrated maf, 1.7 roller rorocker, 70mm throttle body, 255 fuel pump, sct 4 bank. What would the horse power be between this setup and a 302 with the same mods?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
the same unless you waste your money building a higher compressing 306

why would 4 more cubes net any noticeable power?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the same unless you waste your money building a higher compressing 306

why would 4 more cubes net any noticeable power?
I don't know. Thats why I asked. What kind of hp would that net me on my 302?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
my P head exploder intake tfs1 cam car put down 272whp 311tq

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So around 300hp?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So ported heads and intake plus bigger injectors are only worth 3 more hp?

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Bigger injectors add nothing. Ported heads and intake don't really mean much, without some specifics. Were they ported by a reputable shop? What all did they do to them.

And honestly, unless there was some serious work done to them, then you're not going to see much. 280 would be best case, but I doubt it'd make that.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
That, and you'll get different numbers from dyno to dyno. Plus there are other bolt on's that will affect that number. Electric fan, underdrive pulleys, what kind of air intake that you use. What kind of headers. What the rest of the exhaust system is. There's more to the numbers than any of us can just throw numbers at. It could to worse, it could do better. I'll stick with 275.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
GT40P heads, Cobra intake, B cam, stock shortblock made 275 with a chip. Porting on a GT40P setup is about worthless, unless 400 bucks or more is worth 5 to 10 hp is worth that amount of money. Porting a GT40 lower is a joke. Unless you are going to weld and straighten #5. You can spend your money to just buy the heads and leave them and the intake alone and make good numbers. jmho. I've dyno'd a lot of combos and P head combos take some work to make hp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts