Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ive been looking into this for my self and ive heard that moser is one of the best. as for an LSD im not sure between eaton or ford racing:dunno

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i am running a 31 spline diff from either an f150 or exploder, 3.73's from a bronco, and alloy usa axles. i will be doing the carbon diff kit soon as well.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
moser axles, and ford 31 spline, with carbon clutch is all you need, hell you would probably be fine skipping the carbon clutch kit

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
thats not a bad price at all for it all being brand new, but there are cheaper solutions. i spent less than that for my complete set up.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
just got it off ebay. you can get a 31 spline diff for about $100, got my 3.73's for $75, bought axles new $225, studs from parts store, diff seal from ford, and i installed it all.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
non carbon clutch kits will do good up to around the 450rwhp mark, then they will wear thru the clutches. they can handle more but clutches will have to be changed probably yearly depending on how you drive. the carbon kit will handle about 650rwhp or a little more. the same thing goes for the clutches in them as well. they will drive well, no noise, and clutches are easily replacable.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
So my buddy's 02 ford f150 has 31 splines? Hmmmm....but I think he's open diff....that's not worth a crap...lol....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yup...and hes got the diff without the carbon fiber clutches.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
its really not bad at all. its the one im going with except i might upgrade with the c/f clutches so i can launch the heck out of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.