Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know does it seem worth it i would probably get the rebuild kit for it with carbon clutches and all that good stuff.. But is 31 spline axles the only other thing i would need??

Heres the description..

I am selling a used but in perfect working condition a Auburn 31 Spline Posi Unit 8.8 Ford Mustang

$100 plus shipping if needed

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Might need gears if yours are torn up, but most the time if the shop is good, they can match them up and reuse them without any gear whine.

Would be good if you could get an aftermarket girdle too, extra strength and makes it easy to fill up with fluids. They are only about 100 bucks, but well worth it!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might need gears if yours are torn up, but most the time if the shop is good, they can match them up and reuse them without any gear whine.

Would be good if you could get an aftermarket girdle too, extra strength and makes it easy to fill up with fluids. They are only about 100 bucks, but well worth it!
Yea my gearsare good i had them redone like a year ago but if not there pretty cheap.. But yea im def. gonna upgrade the girdle i really like the fore precision one but its pretty expensive lol..

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want to know does it seem worth it i would probably get the rebuild kit for it with carbon clutches and all that good stuff.. But is 31 spline axles the only other thing i would need??

Heres the description..

I am selling a used but in perfect working condition a Auburn 31 Spline Posi Unit 8.8 Ford Mustang

$100 plus shipping if needed
you will also need to get a new diff that will accept the new axles
Auburn 31 Spline Posi

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
the stock stuff will take a beating, if you dont plan on beating hard on the car all the time, sticky tires, big rpm launches, you prob wont need to, but then again, it never hurts to be stronger than what you need, be surprised how bad "stupid" will tear **** up lol

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the stock stuff will take a beating, if you dont plan on beating hard on the car all the time, sticky tires, big rpm launches, you prob wont need to, but then again, it never hurts to be stronger than what you need, be surprised how bad "stupid" will tear **** up lol
Thats why im looking into getting this lol.. Slicks and high rpm launches FTW..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts