Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im thinking bout getting 315 tires will i have any clearance issues my car not lowered yet or will i need spacers any help will be appreciated
thanks micahel

·
MM's Samsquanch
708 Posts
Try the search feature, or reading the "stickies" at the top of the page, there is plenty of information among those resources to help you make a decision.

believe it or not even tech threads in the how-to titled "Choosing new tires"

not to be a prick but it gets annoying seeing people not even take the time or effort to use the information that was gathered and organized into one section for basic questions like this.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
+1

look around bro, there are many thing to help you out. they are stickied so that people can get to the them easy. where here to help you, not do it for you.

as for the question, here is an idea at least. i have 295s on a 9inch wheel and it fots perfecty fine. so a 10 inch wheel with 315 may fit, or a spacer may be needed.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The widest I went was 295 mounted on some 18x10's. I have heard of people having rubbing issues with 315's on lowered cars. Some people suggest getting the fenders rolled, some people say their's rides fine.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just go with 275s on a 1 inch spacer.... looks just as good.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ Clearance for such a spacer depends on the off-set of wheel :yes

Just installing a spacer without knowing if one has the clearance to run one is a mistake. Running a 315 requires a 10.5" wheel and rubbing is hit and miss. As mentioned, some rub and some do not, so be prepared to address some possible rubbing.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
mine rub against the quad shocks. I put the Nittos on and they run alittle smaller and it doesnt rub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts