Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So winter is coming and the track will be closing soon, so i decided to go ahead and pull my motor and stroke it. I just got heart surgery friday so i won't be doing any of this anytime soon but maybe this time next month i will start tearing it down.
where should i get my stroker kit from? for a grand i can get a 331x kit from dss and that's fully balanced, i also i looked at fordstrokers.com and they have some pretty good deals on here as well. Just looking for something that's not cheap but at the same time i have a limited budget. any positive input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you answered your question, fordstrokers.com

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
all motor?
no2?
boost?

daily driver?
weekend warrior?
trailer queen?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all motor?
no2?
boost?

daily driver?
weekend warrior?
trailer queen?
i want it to have the potential to be a daily driver but it will be at the track quite often. as of right now it will be all motor, in the future i plan to add nitrous.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you go TF heads make sure you get the kit with the proper cut reliefs in the pistons, the PVC will not work without it.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
+1 go 347. dont belive that 331 vs 347 crap

Better yet, go 351w :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah, my bro has a 351 in his and i'd rather beat him with less cubic inches ahaha

·
Registered
42 Posts
nah, my bro has a 351 in his and i'd rather beat him with less cubic inches ahaha
you know that after you beat him.. he'll spend a few $ and beat you haha

ah brotherly love!

but seriously.. 347 for sure

·
Banned
980 Posts
408 all motor and call it a day, and if you wanna be straight nasty procharged 408 daily driver !

·
Registered
852 Posts
I went D.S.S. 331, and I'm happy with it... granted the car hasn't been tracked yet(just dyno tuned) but I'm sure it will hold up to any abuse I can throw at it.

The 331/347 oil burning, longevity nonsense is just that. Build it right using the right parts and it wont fail.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, moneys getting kinda tight right about now so i'm not sure about my 331 build...therefore i believe i'm just going to build my 302. my question for you guys is is it possible for me to hit 10's on my 302? And of course i know you're all gunna say do this this this and put nitrous on it and thats already given. I want to put my 302 into the mid 11's N/A. Is this possible?

·
Registered
261 Posts
11s is attainable with a good head/cam/intake and suspension package..

·
Registered
519 Posts
get some of those new trickflow FAC heads with a good cam and right intake. i dont see any reason why it shouldnt run 11's all day long

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so should i just get a TF kit?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If you don't mind used parts you can save ton of money

1 - 20 of 24 Posts